See if a players friend joined the same game/server?

Hello, I’m currently trying to make a reward system by inviting friends. You’ll earn said reward IF that friend or any friend joins the game. I’m assuming it has to due with DataStores as I want there to be a wait for how long until you can get the reward again. Basically one friend joins, both get the reward, then both have to wait before receiving it again. I have an invite system set up but it’s the checking of if a friend joined the game. I’m just not sure how to check if the player joined or not.
TL;DR: Check if a friend joined the game, both get a reward, both now need to wait x amount of time.
I would provide script(s) but I’m stumped and couldn’t find any info on what I’m looking for.
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advanced,
~Notrealac0unt

Could’ve just searched for API regarding player joining and anything to do with friends. PlayerAdded and IsFriendsWith. FollowUserId if you want to check if a player joined the game by following someone else instead of just joining and getting auto matchmade into a friend’s server. To add a reward limit, make use of os.time and search up examples of its use in DataStores to create reward time limits or the like.

5 Likes