SendData: BitStream string write: BinaryString too long

I think this is related to CSG, being that there’s a lot of CSG unions in the place. Prevents the game from even loading, and leaves dead servers.

Errors:

Server:

Client:

Place: (In confidential tags, I don’t want it being leaked to outsiders):

And you didn’t start working on this place until CSG was officially released, correct?

I have the same problem. Opening up a baseplate and putting all the CSG models on the baseplate still yields the same errors. It is also impossible to start a studio test server and test player.

Again: Is it possible for you guys to have been using the GT4 build to make those models and then attempted to upload them to live?

The behavior you are seeing should not be possible.

[quote] Again: Is it possible for you guys to have been using the GT4 build to make those models and then attempted to upload them to live?

The behavior you are seeing should not be possible. [/quote]

In my case, no I’ve never used the GT4 build.
When CSG came out, I unioned all my existing gun models for my game on the normal studio, so all the CSG models are created there.
It is most likely due to the massive file size that comes with unioning parts that is causing this error.
I noticed that my place file went from a mere 500kb with normal gun parts to over 13mb after unioning all of my gun models (around 40 guns total each with 10-20 unionoperation parts) in chunks.
When I uploaded less than 5 csg gun models on an empty baseplate (each with about 10~ unionoperation parts), the error disappeared.

Speaking of saving places, I’ve noticed that the save time for places has drastically decreased for CSG-filled places. It used to take ~30 seconds to save a place with CSG unions in it – now it’s almost instantaneous. Great work :smiley:

Correct.

This happens to me when I haven’t eve used CSG. Could still be related, but thought i would throw that out there.

Correct.[/quote]

I found the part that keeps failing for you and it appears to be unsolvable. Meaning, if I separate it and try to union it, it says the union is unsolvable. I’m not sure what you did, but you managed to create a part that should have been impossible to create for the very reason you are reporting this bug.

Read the confidential tag in your post.

Correct.[/quote]

I found the part that keeps failing for you and it appears to be unsolvable. Meaning, if I separate it and try to union it, it says the union is unsolvable. I’m not sure what you did, but you managed to create a part that should have been impossible to create for the very reason you are reporting this bug.

Read the confidential tag in your post.[/quote]

:slight_smile: Thanks Khan, I appreciate you looking into it.