Separated Client/Server output windows

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to find specific outputs related to either the client or server, as both are in the same output window in studio.

It would be great if there was a way to split the output window (or explicitly filter the window) to show only client or server logs.

7 Likes

I thought the blue and green flair on the left would be enough. How would this benefit the testing sessions? :thinking:

Perhaps it’s more about which client the output is related to.

4 Likes

At times, I have a lot of output from both the client and server at once.
While the blue/green tagging helps identify the source, it also means that I have to scroll up through a lot of output information to get to the relevant part. Separate windows would keep it clean and simple to find the output I am looking for.

2 Likes

It sounds like the requested feature would not entirely solve your use case. It would halve the amount of output messages to sift through, but you’re still logging a lot to the output. Maybe a more powerful logging API and the ability to filter the output by this would help more?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.