Serious rendering bug with water

Set quality to 10 and water goes cray. You can’t see it in the video but the area of the screen with normal coloring blocks out the stars. I just noticed it today but I haven’t been around water for a while so I’m not sure when it started.

Also, that blue reflective stuff around the screen at the start wasn’t there when I was recording. It must have been added to the video by some other bug.

Answering the sticky:

1. Yes
  2. Set quality to 10
  3. www
  4. no
  5. processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti drv=9.18.13.2049
    8 ) My Diagnostics says RobloxProductName is ?, and I thought that was worth mentioning.

EDIT: It may be worth mentioning that a couple days ago I messed around with the sky.material file. The only affect that had was making skyboxes not appear. I’ve since reinstalled roblox three times by deleting the version files (including the sky.material file) so I doubt it has anything to do with what’s happening unless roblox is salvaging those deleted files to use in the update process.

So I’m in studio and trying to add a skybox and the skybox never loads and lighting doesn’t update.

Is roblox seriously salvaging the files? And how? I’ve deleted everything that I know of except the plugins folder and reinstalled roblox multiple times. Am I going to have to install a test version and then switch back to the main version to fix this?

EDIT: Turns out only my second studio window has this problem. I closed all the windows (3) and opened up the second window again and it worked fine. I proceeded to open another window and now the new second window’s lighting doesn’t update. I’m pretty sure this is a separate bug from the bug in the OP.