Servers in my game suddenly started crashing

The bug:
This bug suddenly started happening two weeks ago. Our game crashes randomly, breaks the leader board and chat module, and freezes. Do shutdown message, no error message, it just stops. No error output that has to deal with the crash in console. The crash happens every 5 minutes, or every 3 hours, it’s very inconsistent. The entire server and the users freeze and the chat module and leader-board break. We’ve never had frequent disconnections before, we’ve never had insane amounts of lag, and we’ve never had graphical problems.

Reproduction of the bug
Unknown, we bug tested for a solid week before bringing it to Roblox support and now engine bugs.

Where the bug happens:
All maps, my game is a serious roleplay, multi-map game. We used module scripts and our own web datastore to carry information over to all maps.

When it started happening;
Last week

Explain what you expect, and what happens instead:
We usually expect the game to only crash with a lot of our assets running simultaneously, but these unexpected freezes are nothing of what we expect to happen.

The game
https://www.roblox.com/games/1464701810/Attack-on-Titan-Project?refPageId=173169eb-6295-447a-890b-25239f83a7ed

Screenshots and videos of the bug;
Video recorded from a developer at my game.

Steps to reproduce the issue (be minimal, specific, consistent!);
Just playing the game, and this happens. We’ve yet to find a trigger, we’ve tried every command that we have in our custom admin, still doesn’t crash. It crashes randomly.

1 Like