Set transparency of a model / move it to workspace, only for the local player

Can anybody help me with something relatively minor? I’m trying to create a selection menu for my game to choose a ‘celebrity’, but I only want the character they choose to show up on their screen when they choose it.

My game is a general cart ride with some major improvements to the ancient game style, and I want the players to be able to choose which ‘celebrity’ they want to ride into. When they select a person, I just need it to be able to move that selected character’s model to workspace; or just set the transparency of the model to 0, but only for the person who chose it. I know how to move it to workspace in general but I’m not sure how to have it only visible for the person who selected it. If anyone knows how to do this then that would be great!

3 Likes

Seems like that’s a position problem, you can either set the position to the part or in front of the player.

I am also not sure what you mean by making it visible, eithering positioning, transparency, or you are not certain on how to load the function.

1 Like

For model transparency:

for i, v in pairs(MODEL:GetDescendants()) do
    v.Transparency = 1
end

And for move to workspace,
MODEL:Clone().Parent = workspace

Just put it in a localscript so it only does it on client.

No problem! If it helped, please mark it as solution.

If you replicate the model inside of the local script and parent it to workspace, that’ll appear only to the client.

1 Like

That’s what they want though…