SetCore(" ChatMakeSystemMessage ") Not Doing Anything

As the title says, I am having issues making the block of script below work.

Everything was working fine and it passed all debug tests. But nothing appears in chat.

Has anybody experienced a similar issue like this and is there any fix?

local DeathMessages = {
	"Suprisingly, %s died!","%s saw Rule 28: No Roblox","%s exploded","%s got a papercut","%s has been training themselves to breathe exclusively through their nose for almost a year now.","%s activated sticky keys",
	"%s stepped on a whoopee cushion","%s tripped","%s forgor :(","%s had microphone feedback enabled","%s failed the human verification quiz after months of studying","%s clicked a link ending with dQw4w9WgXcQ","%s is just sleeping","%s realized that every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes","%s was caught slacking",
	"%s failed to listen", "%s went afk","%s found out they have 0 rizz", "%s died in the lobby", "%s got an unexpected error from Roblox","%s asked for admin","%s got a life"
}

-- I edited the table from devforum so you may see some issues with it

local ChosenDeathMessage = DeathMessages[Random.new():NextInteger(1, #DeathMessages )]

function UploadDeathMessage(DeadPlayer)

local FormattedDeathMessage = string.format(ChosenDeathMessage,DeadPlayer.Name)

StarterGui:SetCore("ChatMakeSystemMessage",{
		Text = FormattedDeathMessage,
		Font = Enum.Font.SourceSansBold, -- Default Font
		Color = Color3.new(1, 0, 0), -- Red
		TextSize = 18, -- Default Size
	})
end

RemoteEvent.OnClientEvent:Connect(UploadDeathMessage)

This does put a System Message in chat but not in the color I would like it to be

game.TextChatService.TextChannels.RBXGeneral:DisplaySystemMessage(formateddeathmessage)

do this instead

game:GetService("TextChatService").TextChannels.RBXGeneral:DisplaySystemMessage(`<font color="rgb(r, g, b)">{formateddeathmessage}</font>`)

this new thing supports rich text so you can do this

ChatMakeSystemMessage only works for LegacyChatService

1 Like

Thank you! I had just discovered it only works on LegacyChatService before reading this comment

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.