Setting topbar transparency not working

1. What do you want to achieve? Set the top bar transparency.

2. What is the issue? It isnt setting it.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Looked at lots of tutorials. All of them dont work.

while wait() do
	if script.Parent.Enabled == true then
		game:GetService('Players').LocalPlayer:WaitForChild('PlayerGui'):SetTopbarTransparency(0)
	else
        game:GetService('Players').LocalPlayer:WaitForChild('PlayerGui'):SetTopbarTransparency(0.5)
	end
end
1 Like

Top bar transparency doesn’t work anymore, you would have to make a custom top bar if you want to make it fully visible or transparent.

How would i do that im making a loading screen.

1 Like

Make a frame in a ScreenGui, set it’s size to {1, 0, 36, 0}, and set it’s position to the top of the screen, and make sure the IgnoreGuiInset property of the ScreenGui is checked. Change it’s BackgroundTransparency to whatever you want, and change it’s BackgroundColor3 to whatever you want. And then presto, you have a topbar!

8 Likes

Thanks a lot and again character minimum for replys :smiley:

Had this problem a bit ago what I did was in the properties of the ScreenGui I put the Loading Screen in I turned on “IgnoreGuiInset”.

2 Likes

Oh nice so i dont have to make a separate frame so GalaxyGourmets and your solutions help it would be nice if i could give 2 solutions but you cant do that. But thanks to everyone

Why is the :SetTopbarTransparency still on the Wiki if top bar transparency no longer works? It doesn’t even state that the method is deprecated. Poor API management.

7 Likes