Settings window freezing (Possible Glitch/Bug)

Greetings Developers, I had a few questions about an issue I keep encountering with the settings tab in Roblox Studio. Firstly, when ever I change settings in the tab it changes them, but then freezes on that screen. It does not respond to me trying to close it by clicking the exit button(As shown in Gif 1), and I eventually have to end up forcing the program close, uninstalling studio, or completely restarting my computer. I am not really sure why this is. I am however able to move the window around (As shown in Gif 2).
I am not entirely sure if it is something I have done wrong, or a studio bug. If this is indeed a bug, then it is EXTREMELY inconvenient, especially since I just lost an entire 30 minutes worth of code, which does not seem like much… but was basically the entire core of the system I was working on. I now have to completely rewrite it all because it was not saved. If any of you are currently experiencing this or have experienced it and have any tips or advice on how I could fix this, I would be grateful if you could share your solution.
Gif 1:
https://gyazo.com/8193a5e2ccfa4b3461bcfc4fc467cfbe
Gif 2:
https://gyazo.com/6fe0b60ae3cf1f5e82964e52935a141e

3 Likes

Funny you create this post, as I am currently have the exact same problem with my settings menu. I have no idea why it is happening. It is extremely frustrating, since the only way to minimize the tab after setting changes is to restart studio.

1 Like

I have been having this issue lately, and I am literally dumbfounded

1 Like

Yeah this has been reported before and I’ve had the settings window freeze on me too.

1 Like

I also have knowest this problem as well, I think it might be a bug with the new update to studio.

2 Likes

Has anyone figured out a solution? I’m also having this issue.

This is a known Roblox Studio bug that is being worked on. Make sure to search the developer forum for a similar post before making your own and if there is a bug, please post it in the Studio Bugs section instead of Scripting Support. Here is the existing bug report: