Shaking/Spazzaming Ragdoll joints?

Hey everyone
I started out w/ using EchoReaper’s Ragdoll system as a base and have been expanding on it.
Code: https://pastebin.com/DijbVrxD

Pretty much in a nutshell, local player will fire a remote in Rep. Storage and it should toggle the ragdoll for the player.
That works absolutely fine… It’s just that the ragdoll shakes/spazzes.
View the shaking here:

Was the base of the system working as intended without spasm?

I found a different ragdoll system that seems more up-to-date:

1 Like

https://gyazo.com/bf6751b80b25f32b0011d41eaf632e15
I have used the one you sent me, however I was having issues “tuning” it to appear more realistic. As you can see, it’s weird how the body can end up

Possibly anchor the player after a second?

Don’t want to do that as I want the ragdoll to still be moveable, and that won’t help with the position of the joints. Refer to the message I sent above yours

Also another issue w/ that is the humanoid root part is not welded/constrained to the body so it goes flying, same as the other.
My other system was fine, I’d just really like to get it unshaking

About the same issue, posted on the same day.

There’s something strange about that HumanoidRootPart. Weld it to UpperTorso.

I was having issues with the HRP but now there are some new constraints that will fix that issue. If you want it to be more realistic you could edit the Max and Min angle settings to fit how you want it to. I’ll fix the HRP issue in a bit.

Which constraints will fix that issue?
Sounds good, any ETA on the fix? Also would probably help for future users if some examples for R15 could be provided to make it look, less, strange (joint rotation wise).
Thanks!

I have been a bit busy lately but I was thinking of the new collision constraints.
Edit: Expect it to be done by tomorrow, also for more realism I would recommend setting the constraint type to Hinge not BallSocket

1 Like

This thread is pretty old but I finally found the solution.
I’m assuming your script is turning all the joints into BallSocketConstraints, so all you have to do is make sure that the HumanoidRootPart.Collidable is set to false. The humanoid root part starts moving around too when it ragdolls, and it causes a lot of glitches like that.

2 Likes

Still doesnt work, it just makes the camera follow the RootPart in a weird way

This thread has been alive for a bajillion years but to have some input here, it is probably network ownership. I reckon the server has to calculate the ragdoll physics and that is making it get infinite amount of energy, cause it can’t compute it too good. Same thing happens with ropes, just infinitely shaking.

That’s an interesting theory, the ragdoll works fine on my client-owned character, but spazzes slightly for my server-owned NPCs.

Also, setting the Restitution on the ball socket constraints might help dampen the shakiness

3 Likes