Should I pursue this project, should I push myself?

I own a game: Blacksmith - Roblox
The concept is pretty unique… it hasn’t been done before ( as far as I’m aware )

My question is… should I invest my time into a game that has a unique idea but has a chance of failing.
I’m not in it for the money, just to make people happy and to keep myself occupied during this time.

All feedback appreciated.

1 Like

it could fail or it could succeed, that’s my only concern.

if me and my team are going to spend months on a game then It should at-least bring in a few players

i think u should pursue it, as long as ur motivated and passionate about the project.

1 Like

If you are looking strictly at odds, your chance of failure is huge… however it depends on how you gauge failure.

I can tell you from experience though, that all your failures will lead to your success… so i say pursue it but not so much that it prevents other opportunities from opening up to you.

4 Likes

You, most likely, should pursue it if you have motivation. Just be prepared to spend a few bucks on advertising or if you don’t have funding try to get it on YouTube or something.

If it’s something you’re passionate about then sure go into it. But I don’t think a game concept like that would succeed because a primarily singleplayer game would have to be really captivating, especially on ROBLOX where players like meeting other players.
It could be turned into a team-work game like Work at a Pizza Place, which has seen success imo. Either making many small, simple things or one big, cool thing. Town quests could lead to upgrades for the team and maybe when a fort needs protecting all players can grab a tool that was previously made.