Simplex Sword Fighting Tournament - Come give feedback on my first game!

I’m very very excited to finally be able to share this game I’ve been working on for awhile. It’s a Sword fighting tournament style game based on the original by @TheGamer101
~
When I first started building the map for this game, I never intended to script the game as well. Soon after I built it I realized the game would come closest to what I imagined it should be if I picked up scripting and finished it myself. Thanks to the Developer Forums and its members being such a valuable resource any bump I had on my path to learning Lua and scripting my was smoothed out. Big thanks to anyone who answered my multitude of questions!

A few things I’d like to note if you do decide to play test my game

1. The number of players needed to start a round is reduced to 1 for testing purposes
  2. After you click “play” after the loading screen, there is a significant pause from the time you click the button to when you actually spawn, I’m still looking to fix this
  3. This game is far from finished! I just want to get some feedback on the initial build!
  4. Sword don’t deal damage… some game script is preventing it :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:. If your testing with a friend this will prevent the game from looping for now. This will be fixed within the next day…

So try it out! Let me know what you think of it. Thank you DevFourms! One could argue that I should have fixed some of the bugs before posting but I feel like the game is in a state it can be initially play tested. Please leave your thoughts, suggestions, bugs, and any other comments on this post.

• Wow! Continue on with this project. Good job on your first game.
  • Maybe go back to the drawing board…

0 voters

2 Likes

Hey i checked out your game it has alot of weird bugs,

In the first image, the gui wont dissapear,

In the seccond image I was equipped with 4 swords, and when i tried dueling my enemy, i couldn’t kill him and i did 0 damage, also when i reset the game didn’t finish, Also theres a sword above my head.

In the third Image the viewport frame got a bit weird

But Honestly i like the game style, the game overall just needs more stuff and bug - fixing, keep it up i like the game idea!

Edit: just realized u said swords don’t work lol :sweat_smile:

It looks quite good could use some work on the guis tho overall I would rate this 7/10.

Thanks for trying my game!

I’ll be honest, I have trouble with GUI design. I’ll for sure fix those things.

And the swords, yeah,… :joy:

1 Like

Hey
I recommend setting it to r6 because r6 reduces the player hitbox by a large amount. Exploiters take this as an advantage. I have never seen a sword fighting game being set to r15. It can also brake the swords.