Sinking Ship Adventure: 20th October 2021 Statement

Hello,

This post has been created as a way to inform players as to what was going on today in a detailed form (The link to this post will be published in the Atlantic Games Studio Group-Shout).

On the night of 19th October I published an update to Sinking Ship Adventure that added the Item-Codes GUI. After restarting the servers a player mentioned that their stats had all been set down to 0 (including their Rank stat, which should start at 1). I restored the player’s stats and began looking into the Data-loss issue.

This morning (19th October) I checked the group page to see that yet another player reported that all of their data stats had been set down to 0 too (However I also restored his stats after). Upon reading this I decided to temporarily close-down the game as I did not want to risk more players losing their data.

Solutions put in place:
I’ve made multiple changes in the Data Stores, including making sure that all data is saved before servers restart. I’ve also added a temporary warning GUI in-game to inform any other players of this issue. The problem also started directly after Item-Codes were added in-game, so that update will be delayed until I make sure that it was not the cause of the problem.

What to do if you experience Data-Loss in Sinking Ship Adventure:
Though Data-Loss is unlikely, if your stats have all been randomly set to 0 upon joining please inform me on the group-wall along with your original Rank/Number of Wins and Points. Keep in mind that I am able to check other values to see if you really have been subject to data-losses.

• The glitch also causes the amount of points needed to level up to be set to a ridiculous number (e.g. 9999999999). If this happens just let me know on the group wall (or privately message me) and I can restore your stats.

I apologise for the inconvenience and downage of today. This problem hopefully will not occur from now on, but these fixes should work nicely (if it still happens long-term solutions will be put in place).

Thank you for reading!

Game Link: Sinking Ship Adventure - Roblox