[OLD] SmartBone - An optimized module for Dynamically Simulated Bones

Jigglebone physics, truly a great gift that I’ve been wanting all year!

12 Likes

This is legitimately this best Christmas gift I got this year. I can’t wait to try it out on some of my rigs. Thank you so much for all your hard work.

10 Likes

Can you add an .rbxl file so we can try it out with a working thing?

Thanks

8 Likes

SmartBoneCape.rbxl (113.3 KB)
This should work. It is a simple cape model using the settings provided by Aaroncy.
If there are any issues let me know and I can try to help you

The rig isn’t great, but it should let you see vaguely how to set it up. You can do much, much better with effort and time.

27 Likes

Hey, how can i create a mesh with bones?

7 Likes

Will this work with hood clothing too?
On topic: it’s so good module!

9 Likes

You’ll have to know some basic modeling and rigging skills. I use Blender, but you could use any other similar program. If you’re trying to just learn the basics, the Blender Guru Donut Tutorial is a great way to get started. Otherwise, if you just need to learn to rig, there are many various tutorials online.

8 Likes

Hi man, i have some problems with my cape model, i’m not a modeller (So i dont know very well how to adjust weight map). Right now i imported the cape model (With bones) in roblox studio, i setupped the mesh model with all the settings that you putted in your model (The map that you shared), but nothing works. Basically im my mesh model nothing change in game, it’s like a normal mesh. Anyone can help me?

7 Likes

Fixed :+1:, anyway nice module!

8 Likes

Wow, this is really a big step to higher quality games on the roblox platform, this is amazing and seems really customizable. Thank you for sharing this. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Maybe when the bones have collision, or, if you don’t want to wait, you’ll have to adjust the hood to have lots of resistance.

9 Likes

works beautifully, would love if collisions were added

8 Likes

Wow this is amazing! I was planning on adding some sort of cloth physics to the player at some point but almost gave up on that until I saw this! Also I really hope we get collisions!

9 Likes

You can’t add collisions yet.

8 Likes

Yeah you can do it like that, and it would work fine.

7 Likes

dang i didnt think it was actually possible
good work Celnak!

7 Likes

Amazing work! 1 step closer to realism in Roblox!

6 Likes

Can’t wait for the collision update! My cape is a lil jello-like any recommendations on extra properties or changes?

32 Likes

Amazing work, this could be used for so many environment enriching physically simulated objects such as flags, trees and foliage with bones in them reading from a global wind direction vector, little pieces of cloth hanging from buildings, hanging signs for taverns, imagine using a fireball and you shoot it past some trees and a flag and it induces a flat increase in the wind strength for all affected objects. Just some ideas.

Collision would really take this to the next level for sure.

7 Likes

make attributes is realtime update or just support to weld too

4 Likes