Smoothly rotating a moving part

So, i made a morph and i want its jaw to smoothly open. And of course, the morph is welded to the character so i cant rotate the jaw with :SetPrimaryPartCframe(). I also tried doing it with Servos, but that makes things glitchy when you spin in First Person or with ShiftLock. Any help?

EDIT: Also tried welding the jaw to the head when it doesnt need to move and break the weld when the jaw needs to open, but when i disable the weld everything glitches out. ALSO tried disabling the servo and welding the jaw to the head and when the jaw needs to open, i tried disabling the weld and enabling the servo, but everything glitches out yet again because of the servo.

EDIT 2: Found out a way to easly rig the jaw to the head and animation is super easy. Thanks!

2 Likes

Have you tried using Motor6Ds? Unlike constraints, Motor6Ds aren’t affected by fast movements.

4 Likes

Did you set the Network Ownership of the parts to the playe? This would mean it is the players job to calculate the physics for the jaw parts and not left up to the server to decide automatically.

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but shouldn’t the player automatically be granted Network Ownership of the parts if they are descendants of their character?

1 Like

Roblox should resolve the physics to the player but there could be a short amount of time before this is done (I am not sure when the ownership is set). Setting this would just ensure it does not change. This is more just to double check that there is no conflicts in who is doing the physics.

If setting this does not help then as you said use Motor6Ds. You might just be able to use an animation :thinking:

2 Likes

I agree, double checking is always better than relying on undocumented behaviour.

1 Like

Changing NetworkOwnership didnt change anything and i want to stay away from Motor6D’s and animations for these morphs.

My alternate question is: How would i make the HingeConstraint always follow the player and not glitch out when spinning or teleporting?

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why are you trying to stay away from what appear to be more elegant and smoother solutions? (And in the case of animations, can require less scripting and can be updated without touching your code at all).

Roblox animations take the headache away from worrying about replication when the player is the network owner, so every single client gets a nice smooth version.

2 Likes

How do i even rig the morph to have the joint in the jaw?
I use Custom Character Creator, and when i bind the jaw to the head, i cant edid the joint, and the plugin ignores it.

EDIT: The morph needs to be ungroupped. That kinda sucks.
EDIT 2: NVM i got it to work. I guess ill use animations then.

2 Likes