Sneaky Cover System [OPEN_SOURCED!][Bug Fixed!][Working!]

You said it was open sourced but there is no link to a model or plugin, how do I use this?

2 Likes

there’s a uncopylocked place:
Cover System - Roblox

3 Likes

ok im gonna try it with r6. i need to get some time in my schedule. if i get time, im gonna make it compatible for r6. thnx for ur patience.!

1 Like

It looks really cool it Reminds me of gta v a bit

2 Likes

This looks really cool! I can see this being used on stealth game or shooter games.

2 Likes

Wow! This system is amazing! I was wondering if you could tell me the lines of code where the camera moves when you press f? Thank you!

2 Likes

its in the codes
i just tweened the camera offset of the player from the humanoid
if u click on humanoid, u r gonna find a property named “CameraOffset” .
i just tweened it

3 Likes

it dosent work can u post a video on how to make it work

1 Like

press “c” to crouch and then go near a wall and face the wall. then press " f " to take cover.

1 Like

I have managed to manipulate the system to work for R6 characters, however, taking cover does not work.

1 Like

ok now its time to make it supported for r6
dont worry im gonna update this post when the r6 is supported.

1 Like

Oh my god, I’m making a hitman 3 type game and this will be so good!

2 Likes

i checked the place after seeing ur comment. fixed the bug. now u can use it again!

if else statement problem. there’s a line that goes like this getState() == Enum.HumanoidStateType.Running. there was “~=” instead of “==” that’s y it caused a bug

That looks pretty cool, especially for shooter games! I’m going to use that. Thanks for the contribution!

1 Like

Really good work! I will definitely credit you!

1 Like

Anyone get this to work? I did the animations, changed the ids, Hit C , then F, it does nothing… even put in print statement where it calls C and F, but nothing prints on them… so it is not detecting the keyboard…

I’m writing this comment on 26 may 2023. At this moment the module is not updated to the latest raycast parameters filter in order for the system to work as intended. Instead of
rayparams.FilterType = Enum.RaycastFilterType.Blacklist
you need to use
rayparams.FilterType = Enum.RaycastFilterType.Exclude for this system to work. You need to do this 3 times. One time in the main module(CoverSystemModule) and two times in the raycast module that is inside the main one, you can find all this inside the script. Have a great day.

3 Likes