[Solved] Proximity Prompt Issues

alright so, I am having problem with a proximity prompt issue, I have a script which makes the door open when you hold the specified key with the prompt, but when the prompt is placed into an attachment it does not work, prompt shows but it doesn’t open the door when you hold the key.

I am new to proximity prompts and stuff, so yeah.

If the proximity prompt is not working make sure the attachment is parented to a part and make sure the script that handles the proximity prompt looks like this: (just make sure that you got the .Triggered function, the rest is not even that necessary)

script.Parent.Triggered:Connect(function(player)
	if player and player == game.Players:FindFirstChild(player.Name) then
		print("triggered by " ..player.DisplayName)
		-- door open function
	end
end)

showcase:

structure:
dihgfa

Hope this helps :v

It did not work, unless I am doing something wrong. Here is the script

local tween = game:GetService("TweenService")

local door = script.Parent
local ocf = door.CFrame
local open = tween:Create(door, TweenInfo.new(2, Enum.EasingStyle.Exponential),  {Position = ocf * Vector3.new( -5, 0, 0)})
local close = tween:Create(door, TweenInfo.new(2, Enum.EasingStyle.Exponential),  {Position = ocf * Vector3.new(0, 0, -0) })
local debounce = false
local ProximityPrompt = script.Parent.Attachment.ProximityPrompt
ProximityPrompt.Triggered:Connect(function(player)
	if player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-1") or player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-2") or player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-3") or player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-4") or player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-5") or player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-0") then
		debounce = true
		script.Parent.ProximityPrompt.Enabled = false
		open:Play()
		script.Parent.AccessGranted:Play()
		script.Parent.DoorOpen:Play()
		wait(7)
		close:Play()

script.Parent.DoorClose:Play()
		wait(3)
		script.Parent.ProximityPrompt.Enabled = true
		debounce = false
	end
end)

here is how it is laid out

local tween = game:GetService("TweenService")
local door = script.Parent
local ocf = door.CFrame
local open = tween:Create(door, TweenInfo.new(2, Enum.EasingStyle.Exponential),  {Position = ocf * Vector3.new( -5, 0, 0)})
local close = tween:Create(door, TweenInfo.new(2, Enum.EasingStyle.Exponential),  {Position = ocf * Vector3.new(0, 0, -0) })
local debounce = true
local ProximityPrompt = script.Parent.Attachment.ProximityPrompt

ProximityPrompt.Triggered:Connect(function(player)
	if player and player == game.Players:FindFirstChild(player.Name) and player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-1") or player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-2") or player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-3") or player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-4") or player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-5") or player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("GES-0") then
		if debounce == true then
			debounce = false
			open:Play()
			script.Parent.AccessGranted:Play()
			script.Parent.DoorOpen:Play()
			wait(7)
			close:Play()
			script.Parent.DoorClose:Play()
			wait(3)
			debounce = true
		end
	end
end)

while wait() do
	if debounce == true then
		ProximityPrompt.Enabled = true
	else
		ProximityPrompt.Enabled = false
	end
end

try this just for testing.
EDIT: forgot to say, the function that will happen is gonna be non-local so the function happens for everyone in the server, not only for the player. If you want to change this put everything in a local script and modify the instances.

Proximitypromt isnt defined correctly right?
If the script you’ve shown is parented to the proximitypromt it should be script.Parent, if its the one called DoorScript it should be script.Parent.ProximityPrompt

it works, thanks! I learned something new also xd

no problem! you can mark it as the solution so other people can access it too ^^

it was the script called DoorScript and yeah, I know!