Some Feedback On My Clothing

Hi, I’m a new clothing designer, I’ve been designing for around a month and I’d love to hear your feedback on the clothing I’ve done.
You can find some of my clothing on this group: sikowwitzz - Roblox
(Also please tell me if this is posted in the wrong topic, I’m a noobie)[sikowwitzz - Roblox]

10 Likes

I wouldn’t think you’re a beginner at all, I love the way your designs look!

For the rectangular and rigid shapes, I’d encourage you to play with dynamic shapes and curves to give your clothing more personality, keep experimenting outside your comfort zones. That’s the only feedback I can think of. Keep up the great work!

4 Likes

thanks so much for your feedback! made me smile!

2 Likes

They’re nice but I’d be careful with the first and third one as roblox’s moderation is quite yikesy with skin.
Overall, it’s nice but I’d consider changing the fabric for the second, third and fourth. It seems low quality and not super appealing, showing particularly in the middle of the fourth.

hope this helped

3 Likes

Thanks! And I uploaded the 1st one and it was fine, no warning but the pink one got a warning so I never uploaded it, but thanks for the feedback about textures I totally agree!

2 Likes

I think the pink one might’ve been warned dur to how off to the sides it is, as well as the shirt being so low, making it seem revealing. They look good otherwise though, the way you design it seems pretty unique, then again, hard to find clothing in the catalog that isn’t pirated so I guess that’s part of the reason. Keep it up, you have a great potential. :grin:

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t picture you as a beginner, but I do have some things to critique and praise!

Firstly, your outfits are WAY to low, It’s below the chest which isn’t good. You could rise the pink and yellow one A LOT. Besides that I think the line-art is really good, some people like the skirts/pants etc to be shorter, but I do not know if that is a style choice.

• I also think that the last outfit could have sleeves to match, since it only covers the torso. I would add sleeves or remove the white underneath :white_heart:

Second, the shading, I think your shading is good since you didn’t just “BOX” out the sides and blur it. I would suggest getting the shading to match the entire look and to shade the outsides, not just use the smudge tool and go back and fourth.
The shading isn’t as nice as it could be, I suggest boxing it out, connecting it with wrinkles, and smudge the MIDDLE not the outside, since it ends up looking a bit odd.
The last outfit’s shading doesn’t match all the way up and down, that could be fixed as-well.

Lastly, the shoes, you didn’t put as much detail into them as you could, and didn’t shade the white. You just boxed it out and it looks “2D” when we designers like to create a more “3D” look on a 2D object, which is hard but we pull it off!

I think you did wonderful for a beginner and I love the fur! If you need any more advice, or are questioning some things, my dms are open, or reply here on devforum!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, Im so glad that you can explain what I can do better and Ill definitely take your advice in mind , I checked your profile and your designs are amazingg!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! And good-luck with everything, you are very welcome.

As a Co-clothing designer your outfit is too detailed for a new designer! When i first started designing my clothings are all horrible! but after 1 month i made alot of good clothings! i believe on you!

The orange Fluffy Clothing there reminds me of Cardi B’s Outfit in WAP

For a beginner, your shading is very good! I suggest making the shorts shorter and making the shapes more realistic rather than boxes. I also suggest to make sure your outfits won’t get declined by Roblox moderation such as the orange top. Besides that, I love your style!!