Some keys don't register in UIS while others are being pressed?

I made a dash system that allows the user to dash in a specified direction using Q and W, A, S, or D together. The system works alone, but when I start to press many keys it gets a little bit funky. If the user is walking forward with W and slightly to the left or right with A or D, and then decides to press Q to dash, I figured it would make sense for the system to sort of prioritize dashing to the left or right over dashing forward when the user is moving diagonally.

To achieve this, I put the elseifs with the left and right first so the script would prioritize those directions. With this, if I start running forward, I can still dash to the right. When I try going to the left, however, it doesn’t even render in UIS.InputBegan that I pressed a key in the first place.

I started experimenting with this, trying to find the issue. I put a print at the very top of UIS.InputBegan before any if statements or anything else. When I went to test it, with W and A already pressed down, it would not register that Q was being pressed. W, D, and Q seemed to work fine though, and they also activate the dash.

To experiment some more, I changed .InputBegan to .InputChanged: the same thing happened. I was starting to get tired of this weird bug so I put a while loop that prints all the keys I’m pressing, using UIS:GetKeysPressed(). Here’s a clip of what happened: link. The number it prints is the amount of keys being pressed, and all those other prints are other tests I did. The one that prints 5 booleans prints whether the Q, W, A, S, and D keys, respectively, are currently pressed, updated every time UIS.InputBegan runs.

The key count doesn’t go above 2 and it doesn’t dash in certain scenarios. Even when I press like 20 keys at the same time, the highest I’ve gotten it to acknowledge is up to 6 keys, but it usually only registers about 2 or 3.

So to my question. Does anyone know why the heck UIS doesn’t register certain combinations of keys? Is it something on my end? Here’s my dashing script, prints included, as a local script in StarterCharacterScripts:

-- Services
local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local Debris = game:GetService("Debris")
local UIS = game:GetService("UserInputService")

-- Player Variables
local player = Players.LocalPlayer
local char = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local hum = char:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
local root = char:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")

-- Animations
local wDash = hum.Animator:LoadAnimation(script:WaitForChild("WDash"))
local aDash = hum.Animator:LoadAnimation(script:WaitForChild("ADash"))
local sDash = hum.Animator:LoadAnimation(script:WaitForChild("SDash"))
local dDash = hum.Animator:LoadAnimation(script:WaitForChild("DDash"))

-- Dash Variables
local dashDist = 25
local lastDash = 0
local dashCD = 2

-- Input Began
print('script running')
UIS.InputBegan:Connect(function(input, gameProcessedEvent)
	print(gameProcessedEvent, os.clock() - lastDash < dashCD)
	if gameProcessedEvent or os.clock() - lastDash < dashCD then return end
	-- Input Variables
	local q = UIS:IsKeyDown(Enum.KeyCode.Q)
	local w = UIS:IsKeyDown(Enum.KeyCode.W)
	local a = UIS:IsKeyDown(Enum.KeyCode.A)
	local s = UIS:IsKeyDown(Enum.KeyCode.S)
	local d = UIS:IsKeyDown(Enum.KeyCode.D)
	print(q, w, a, s, d)
	-- Creating BP
	local function createBP(bpDir)
		-- Instantiating
		local bp ="BodyPosition", root)
		bp.MaxForce =, 0, 25000)
		bp.P = (10000000/15)*dashDist
		bp.D = (40000/25)*(dashDist*0.75)
		-- Setting BodyPosition Position
		local position = root.Position + bpDir*dashDist
		bp.Position = position
		-- Returning
		return bp
	-- Flashing
	local function flash(t) -- t is time to take
		-- Creating Particle Part
		local part ="Part")
		part.CFrame = root.CFrame
		part.Anchored = true
		part.Transparency = 1
		part.CanCollide = false
		part.CanQuery = false
		part.CanTouch = false
		part.Parent = workspace
		-- Cloning Particle
		local att ="Attachment", part)
		local particle = script.Teleport:Clone()
		particle.Parent = att
		Debris:AddItem(part, particle.Lifetime.Max)
		-- Making Invisible
		local parts = {}
		for i, part in pairs(char:GetDescendants()) do
			if part:IsA("BasePart") and part.Transparency == 0 then
				part.Transparency = 1
				table.insert(parts, part)
		-- Disabling Particle
		particle.Enabled = false
		-- Making Visible
		for i, part in pairs(parts) do
			part.Transparency = 0
	-- Checking Input
	if q and d then -- Right
		lastDash = os.clock()
		-- Dashing
		local bp = createBP(root.CFrame.RightVector)
		-- Cleaning Up
		local length = dDash.Length; if dDash.Length == 0 then length = 0.5 end
		Debris:AddItem(bp, length)
		-- Flashing
	elseif q and a then -- Left
		lastDash = os.clock()
		-- Dashing
		local bp = createBP(root.CFrame.RightVector*-1)
		-- Cleaning Up
		local length = aDash.Length; if aDash.Length == 0 then length = 0.5 end
		Debris:AddItem(bp, length)
		-- Flashing
	elseif q and w then -- Front
		lastDash = os.clock()
		-- Dashing
		local bp = createBP(root.CFrame.LookVector)
		-- Cleaning Up
		local length = wDash.Length; if wDash.Length == 0 then length = 0.5 end
		Debris:AddItem(bp, length)
		-- Flashing
	elseif q and s then -- Back
		lastDash = os.clock()
		-- Dashing
		local bp = createBP(root.CFrame.LookVector*-1)
		-- Cleaning Up
		local length = sDash.Length; if sDash.Length == 0 then length = 0.5 end
		Debris:AddItem(bp, length)
		-- Flashing

while true do
	local keys = UIS:GetKeysPressed()