Some Suggested Inprovments to Roblox

I was gonna save this until I quite Roblox, but I decided to keep it as a hobby. Here is some things that I think Roblox should add to studio. If you agree, tell me:

1. Better Texture System:
    Normal Maps
    Add a gloss, metallic, etc

2. Offline Set-up
    Download the game to play offline without it being “open source”.

3. Better Lighting\Shadow
    Sharp edges on shadows
    More light effects

4. Off Roblox version.
    This is a bit of a stretch but,
    I think you should be able to to export your game into a file that you can play without going to the Roblox website. And you could also possibly add this to the play store or sell it privatly. It would still have the Roblox system running it.

5. Custom Value Types
    Add custom Enums

6. Custom Instances
    Custom object’s with there own code
    Possibly in RBX.Lua or whatever laguage Roblox studio is written in.

7. Custom/More Fonts
    Font should be something you can import.
    Add TextStrokeSize

8. Custom Terrain Textures
    Add custom terrain textures

9. :FindFirstChildWhosProperty(String Property, Value)
    Enough with all the findfirst functions and just use this. Then I won’t have to use a ipairs loop every time.

Hope you enjoy my suggestions.

1 Like

This post belongs in #platform-feedback:studio-features NOT #platform-feedback:documentation-requests

Also, I’d like to point out that these are all already separate posts and requests. Please do not duplicate ideas because it clusters the forum and makes it harder to find the information we need.

These should be feature requests and not in documentation requests (this is intended for documentation for the Developer Hub). They’re good ideas, but If you wish to make a feature request as a New Member you should follow these steps as pointed out here and ensure that you follow these guidelines.

2 Likes