Sorting Data Storage By Time

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions.

I would like to have a schedule system where we take a user input message that says the event and time along with other items, and store it in data store temporarily. I would like the data store to sort the time integer based on time from earliest to latest. Then I would like all of the values to be exported to a surface GUI which I have created.

For now, I specifically need help with the sorting part. Again, I would like to sort the time values from the user inputs, using data store and probably a table.

I have not tried anything because I don’t know that much about data store and haven’t used it yet. Keep this in mind as you respond!

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

If you have any questions, let me know!

1 Like

You should look into OrderedDataStores:

A OrderedDataStore is essentially a GlobalDataStore with the exception that stored values must be positive integers . It exposes a method GetSortedAsync() which allows inspection of the entries in sorted order using a DataStorePages object.

I will certainly look into that! Thank you.