Sound doesn't stop when I do :Stop()

The title says it all. I have a sound inside of a model in the workspace that is playing, and when I use :Stop() the system just ignores it. Sorry for the bad code, I rushed when making this but it works.

local attacking = script.Parent:WaitForChild("Attacking")

attacking:GetPropertyChangedSignal("Value"):Connect(function()
	if attacking.Value == true and script.Parent:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart") ~= nil and script.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") ~= nil and script.Parent:FindFirstChild("Animate") ~= nil then
		script.Parent.Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 0
		game.Workspace.Sounds.Pannels.Static.TimePosition = 0
		game.Workspace.Sounds.Pannels.Static:Play() -- Play
		script.Parent.Animate.idle.Animation1.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://8316402154"
		script.Parent.Animate.idle.Animation2.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://8316402154"
		script.Parent.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = game.Workspace.Map.Teleporters.OfficeTP1.CFrame
		wait(0.2)
		script.Parent.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = game.Workspace.Map.Teleporters.OfficeTP1.CFrame
		wait(4)
		if game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").MaskUp.Value == true then
			game.Workspace.Sounds.Pannels.Static:Stop() -- Stop
			attacking.Value = false
			script.Parent.Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 4
			script.Parent.Animate.walk.WalkAnim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://8137104876"
			script.Parent.Animate.idle.Animation1.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://8137256167"
			script.Parent.Animate.idle.Animation2.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://8137256167"
			script.Parent.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = game.Workspace.Map.Teleporters.ToyBonnieTP.CFrame
		else
			game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").Special:FireClient(game:GetService("Players"):GetPlayerFromCharacter(script.Parent),"Toy Bonnie",1)
		end
	end
end)

can you put

print(game.Workspace.Sounds.Pannels.Static.Playing)

and see what it prints?
I’d recommend debugging on what the issue might is
also make sure it actually runs the code

Workaround:
On play clone the sound and parent it
then play it

On stop simply delete the sound itself

1 Like

Okay so I figured out it was another script interfering with the MaskUp.Value, I fixed it so that wouldn’t happen and I also added a sound stop in the else.

should check if maskup value gets changed, im not sure if you verified that but thats what I would do

1 Like