SparkMetal - Custom Gun Engine

asset

Welcome to SparkMetal!

What is SparkMetal?

In the simplist terms, SparkMetal is a custom gun + tactical shield framework.

It has an easy-to-use modular gun system, and a detailed readme describing what goes on behind the scenes and how to use it.

Easily handle the user’s inventory :slight_smile:

local core = script.core
local ch = require(core.ClientHandler)
local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
ch.init(player)
ch.addItem(player, "wm_pistol")
ch.equipShield(player, "tacticalshield")

Features:

Screenshots/GIFs:

Also comes with a custom camera + aim zooming mechanism

Currently accepting pre-orders, really up to discussion about the price.

Add me on Discord: George#2294

30 Likes

Apologies, accidentally submitted the post earlier than when I would of like too (smacked the enter key with elbow by mistake). Flagged it to moderation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pretty cool, might be worth setting up a demo place though with a few guns and other applications to see how it works, if it works and how it does with multilayer.

I’ll be in contact though.

Question : could this be used on NPCs?

3 Likes

Do you mean can NPCs use the guns?

2 Likes

Hey, just so in-case you’re offline on discord, what’s the minimum price for this?

As for ROBUX, I’m not 100% sure and am open for discussion. For USD (PayPal), it’s a one time purchase of about $100 which includes free update and support (to an extent as for technical errors, abusing the “support line” won’t be tolerated)

I will also be available to discuss more in depth during tonight. Currently still attending class & sports

Back home!
Screenshot of a friend and I playing around

4 Likes

Seems really nice! It would be nice if you added cool viewmodels honestly.

3 Likes

Mainly a TPS framework, but might add it in a future update

Not to come with darkness or anything but the vest you used in your demo looks like its stolen from @Administrator_Mr in Area - 14 and person who original made was by @Blackrep which made that vest public. FYI.

I am not a builder :slight_smile:
I grabbed the vest off FM’s, but wanted to show you how the gun could play in with something like this.
No where did I claim credit for it, nor was I selling that

Oh. My apologize but nice work on the asset!!!

1 Like

No need for apologies, totally a valid concern.
Thanks, have a great day :slight_smile:

Ah okay, but really nice anyways

1 Like

Looking good, clean and sleek, would like to test it someday.

This honestly looks even better than Turbofusion, like 3x better. ( Pretty sure the whole brand died anyway after a roblox update completely broke the their system. )

You should make a demo place and add new weapons to showcase, then i can see the brand becoming super popular tbh. There are demo places that gather up to 50-100 players at a time like the R15 Ragdoll one so…that’s something you should do.

Hmm, So can you aim down sights and such? Also I see that you have your own functionality to control the users inventory… and has a “custom tool engine”

How well would you say this integrate into existing projects?

If I already have a custom tool implementation in my game, is there any way to disable the one that comes with this?

Why is shotgun a fire mode?

If I already have a custom camera system in my existing project, is there any way to disable the one that comes with this?

What assets are packaged with SparkMetal?

Was this system built with the intentions of having developers build their games around your “gun engine”? As of right now, I can’t see it being worth $100. And for the amount of customizability you get with Turbofusion, I really can’t see how flexible your engine is. As with what orange said though a showcase/demo place would be nice.

Totally hear you. There’s a few questions, so I’ll answer each one individually.
How well would you say this integrate into existing projects?
Depends… I’d say this is much better for newer projects, or just competely migrating gun systems (e.g. a police RP group migrating to these guns). Not to sure about round-based games, etc…

Why is shotgun a fire mode?
Because we have a semi-automatic (1 click = 1 bullet), automatic (shoot while mouse is down), and a shotgun (multiple bullets with 1 click, also includes spread).

If I already have a custom camera system in my existing project, is there any way to disable the one that comes with this?
Yes! Camera system is completely optional, and is more of an extra “accessory” than everything. It is just provided to showcase what you could do with it if you are wanting aiming mechanics.

What assets are packaged with SparkMetal?

• Gun engine
  • 3 demo guns (shotgun, assault, semi)
  • Optional camera script (with the right click zoom mechanics)
  • Tactical shield
  • Instruction guide

Was this system built with the intentions of having developers build their games around your “gun engine”?
No, it was not. This was meant to be an easy (yet structured) system that allows you to replace those horrible “2015 guns” which you find in most “casual” shooters (as said before, look at almost any police group. Current TPS guns are less than alright)

Hope that answered your question, feel free to shoot any more my way!
(P.S. as stated earlier, the gun kit isn’t completely done just yet. I’ll always be adding additions)

4 Likes

Liking the battle system! Muzzle flash is really cool as well. Is that a beam for the tracer effect?