I tried that and then it literally verified immediately

Glasses off
Smile if the ID photo shows a smile
etc

Shame that it repeatedly asks me to allow to use my camera
Shame that the flashlight is deactivated
Shame the instructions were rather unclear

2 Likes

My opinion on voicechat is not going to be a popular one at all. truthfully yeah i thought it could be a cool feature to have atleast for the adults on roblox so when it was rumored to be a 18+ feature i was like hm not a bad move but ofcourse it was later announced to be a 13+ feature. my first thoughts on that was wow that dont seem wise half the kids i see swearing in normal chat bypassing the chat filter claim to be 15/16 year olds and roblox thinks 13 year olds can be trusted with a voice chat feature with no filter… then ofcourse i thought well maybe roblox knows something i dont maybe they thought this threw lets see how it goes. its been out a couple of days now in public hands and most games i been to that support it has not been a promising experience i have been to games where there doing nothing but swearing because they can because its something new, unfiltered a novelty. they no longer need to come up with clever ways to bypass the chat filters to cuss at each other they can just say it out loud. another experience i witnessed someone whom by there voice i assume to be a child likely 14/15 proposition a adult woman for relations and thats putting it politely the language used was vulgar. is this what roblox see’s as a safe gaming environment for child? i mean seriously was this even thought threw because judging by what i have seen and heard over the last few days it probably hasnt been. kids propositioning adults for relations… it could of been the other way around and there would be no evidence of it in the chatlogs nothing to screenshot nothing to prove it. sure its a good feature but it seems to be more of a risk than anything else. im sorry to the 13+ community here my opinion is not going to be liked but the last few days in my opinion has shown clearly that 13 year olds are not responsible enough to use voice chat responsibly.

6 Likes

Still waiting for the ability to change the proximity range and be able to make team chat with it. Also waiting for a way to detect if someone is speaking (not just that they can speak)

3 Likes

im pretty sure it just means the State ID

1 Like

It probably showed you this screen.

This whole age verification thing is buggy and broken.

4 Likes

Due to significant interest in sign ups for our Spatial Voice beta, some users were experiencing long wait times when trying to age verify. We realize that this is not an ideal user experience. As a temporary measure, we are reducing the number of eligible users who will be able to verify their age on their accounts while we work through the outstanding requests and ensure we are ready to receive new requests.

If your account was previously age verified, you can still opt-in or continue to use the Spatial Voice chat beta feature within voice-enabled experiences. We will gradually re-increase access to age verification over the next few weeks and will continue to share updates here as the rollout progresses. For more information on age verification, please see the Age ID Verification help article.

In the meantime, please feel free to comment below or reach out if you have any questions.

Edit Nov 16:

We have re-enabled age verification for all users!

Before you start the age verification process, ensure that you have all accepted documents ready. Note that school IDs, military IDs, and certain domestic passports are not accepted at this time.

We expect wait times to be no more than a few minutes , even during peak hours. Once you begin a session, please be patient in the queue until it is your turn to submit verification; if you exit the session, you will lose your spot in the queue .

36 Likes

Hello!

I was invited to spatial voice chat September 16th weeks before age verification was rolled out, I am still able to use voice chat freely on any game that have enabled the feature, though my age is not verified.

Is this intended (which I hope it is) or is this just an oversight? (which I hope it is not)

2 Likes

Is ID Verification planned to be long-term? I’m not sure how well this will age with Roblox being the only gaming platform using ID Verification to use voice chat when their tons of other viable options that don’t require that.

Plus to top it off was the fact a person’s face looks completely different from our younger years compared to when we’re older, would it really be worth the hassle to get our IDs updated (if you aren’t over 18) just to gain access to a voice chat system?

Personally, I’m not a fan of the ID verification, Maybe for other things such as forum access (would be a shame I’d lose access to that as well) or the talent hub but for things that would benefit the platform entirely I feel ID verification for voice chat is a tad bit overboard.

I’d like to hear other people’s opinions about other alternatives as I don’t believe ID verification is a good long-term solution.

4 Likes

Thank you, now I can go back to use my video for verifying age on the accounts I want without problems.
For some reasons, all my accounts are still able to do the verification normally, and the verification is still not working (works but Roblox isn’t saying that I’m verified), so I think that update isn’t done yet.

3 Likes

Is the maximum server size for Voice-eligible games planned to be increased? 30 is quite restrictive.

Will it ever be possible to verify using the same ID on different accounts? I understand that this goes against some of the points of verification, but many developers, including myself, use alt accounts for things such as holding groups and for playing games with IRL friends. Being unable to verify on those secondary accounts is a bit of a bummer.

If you change your age, is it possible to re-verify? The FAQ page says that it’s possible, but if you go to do it, a pop-up appears saying that you won’t be able to verify again. It’s a bit conflicting.

1 Like

I’ve verified my age probably ten times now and no matter what I do it won’t save. What do I do?

1 Like

Age Verification is broken and is not functioning the correct way. Just wait a week or so then try again! Or wait for Roblox to reply in this post to notify it is back up and running.

1 Like

I figured. I tried doing it again and got stuck in an infinite loop of verification not working. Can’t even restart.

3 Likes

My account was previously age verified but I can’t opt-in or continue to use the Spatial Voice chat beta feature within voice-enabled experiences.

Before:

After:

1 Like

Brilliant addition to Roblox! Unrelated, but it would be nice to see them push to release VideoFrames for everyone now

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a good idea as the ability to opt on or opt out of a game help maintain a causal fun level of play and restrict some games e.g the role play genre to certain age groups stoping younger users to be included my solution would be to make a speech to text.

1 Like

Can we please get some proper API documentation and support for things like team-chat and detecting people who are actively speaking and the ability to get rid of the microphone bubble over your character’s head and the ability to change the range of voice without screwing up our entire soundscape?

I’ve been mentioning that we need this sort of functionality ever since the beta was announced. Not every game on Roblox is a chat-and-hangout type game.

2 Likes

I’m glad I found this. I’m also having similar issues that can only be resolved by switching headsets/IO methods. My headset normally uses a USB adapter, but when I have it connected I cannot hear others. However, if I plug the headset directly into my system via the audio jack, then I can hear others.

2 Likes

awesome. there was some problems, but i’ll see

I was suspended and I was wondering how long will it take to be accessible again, does anyone know?

6 Likes