Chat with Voice Developer Beta

So if I understand correctly, this is only available in team create at the moment? Still, this is pretty awesome!

34 Likes

Will users with spatial voice enabled be automatically sorted into servers with other spatial voice users? This currently happens in community space and would be nice. Otherwise youā€™d almost never meet other voice chat users

34 Likes

Uh so I am in the Roblox beta program, the one for stuff like 700 player servers, why do I get told that I am ineligible for it in console?

34 Likes

I previously had access to the developer beta, although now it states that I am no longer eligible. Did my access get revoked, somehow?

31 Likes

I am confused about this, does this mean if you verify your age, you direct acces or you have to wait?

42 Likes

Might be because of that verification, but it could be bug, canā€™t be 100% sure.

29 Likes

Even though Iā€™m happy that Iā€™m able to implement this into my game, it sucks that Age Verification hasnā€™t rolled for me yet.

32 Likes

Itā€™s available in live games currently. You just need to meet the permissions of usage to hear/speak others.

29 Likes

That means that voice chat is available in team test too but only the people having access to the beta will be able to use it.

26 Likes

Sorry But Who guarantees that our documents / faces are not registered? In the end it is a bot that does this work but no one guarantees that this data will not be saved.
I will not trust to upload my documents and a photo to a site to verify the identity I do not want my identity to be sold / or is used for incorrect purposes.

40 Likes

Thatā€™s not the same type of ā€˜betaā€™ as spatial voice.

24 Likes

What you are describing is completely illegal and would result in Roblox getting shut down as a company. I highly doubt that they would sell your ID for 80 dollars with that risk.

25 Likes

There is no filter IIRC. ā€œNatural moderationā€

21 Likes

Looks pretty cool, however, what if someone doesnā€™t want to show their face? I prefer keeping my face private while I use my voice publicly around the internet, Iā€™d like some clarification on that.

24 Likes

Well Roblox is trying to expand to suit older players as well so with the voice chat feature, verified 13+ users will be able to use voice chat with no filter. Like, to be honest, if Roblox did add a filter onto voice chat, nobody would use it. So that is why they are not adding a filter. It will be somewhat unmoderated like Discord but I imagine you will be able to report abusers.

27 Likes

A few questions
Let say, I have a fake ID, how would roblox prevent this?
If i grab one of my parentā€™s ID and use it, would there be any message sent to my parents, that im using there ID?
is there any way to make this not voice range?

26 Likes

The fact that your ID is not stored is guaranteed by the privacy policies of Roblox and their age verification partner. These are legally binding agreements that apply to you and the companies.

We want you to know that we take our communityā€™s safety and privacy seriously, and Roblox does not store raw ID document nor the selfie data . When a government-issued ID is scanned for verification, an anonymized value is generated, allowing Roblox to safely verify identity without risking exposure of the userā€™s real identity.

24 Likes

Question: Iā€™ve used my ID to submit a GDPR right of information request. Does that count as valid verification or do I have to go through the whole process again?

21 Likes

This is Roblox, a ā€œkidsā€ platform and a ā€œlego gameā€. Why on earth would they store your IDs? Plus, have you even read their policy statement? They could literally get shut down if they went against their word lol.

29 Likes

Iā€™m not against this thing youā€™re right, but it doesnā€™t give much trust.

22 Likes