Chat with Voice Developer Beta

Any updates on when we could be expecting the Public Beta release?

5 Likes

No itā€™s not,

I have a passport that is for 13 year olds

1 Like

Looking forward to the open beta of voice chat as I have not had a chance to join my friends in game and use it yet.

1 Like

I think Spatial Voice is not a bad idea. Im just worrying about Children stealing Momā€™s ID.

3 Likes

i donā€™t agree With swear words Because They Can ruin Games for Kids on roblox.

1 Like

I have verified my age around 1-2 weeks ago, but i still do not have the settings for voice chat yet on the roblox page. That means i do not have access to voice chat yet, how could i get acces to voice chat? Also some personal friends of me do have access to voice chat but they arenā€™t a developer what about that? Why do they have access and i donā€™t?

4 Likes

Hi! Very late reply here but no School IDā€™S canā€™t be used i did try you need a passport or anything similar

2 Likes

It is apparently getting handed out slowly. To random persons, so keep a eye out.

3 Likes

Yes, but u can use a normal ID right?

1 Like

Hey developers,

Starting today, any 13+ user who would like to use Spatial Voice can verify their age and opt-in to the voice chat beta.

To verify your age, go to My Settings > Account Information

account info

After you have successfully verified your age, you can opt-in to voice by enabling the beta feature through My Settings > Privacy

86 Likes

YES. ITS FINALLY HERE.

Thank you, sir.

2 Likes

nice. Canā€™t wait to see people yelling on their mics

9 Likes

Now I have a question, when the voice chat goes out to all users, should we re-verify our age, or will we keep the voice chat?

3 Likes

The users who are already verified as a 13+ user get to enable the feature. You donā€™t have to enable it again.

3 Likes

So why are we still not able to test VC locally without having to have access to the feature? Itā€™s a bit silly to enforce the verified age requirement in a studio environment.

5 Likes

This system of verification is utterly useless. I know that ID verification is put in place to try and keep the platform family friendly but younger audiences under 13 will just ask their parents to go through the verification process themselves giving kids access to voice chat. This is my opinion

10 Likes

Real nice. Canā€™t wait to try it out with my buddies.

1 Like

Will the limit of 30 player servers be raised on experiences that have Spacial Voice Chat enabled? Iā€™d like to use this on places that have larger server limits.

3 Likes

I have a question about this if a user hasnt verified there ID to activate it and another player did will the user that didnt verify there ID be able to hear the person that did?

I wanna know this because I personally dont like the idea of thisā€¦

No, you must have your ID verified to hear and speak to those that have verified their ID.

2 Likes