Spool up a server and THEN send players to it?

I want to start a server from a lobby server, wait a minute or so, then teleport players into the server.
The terrain gen in my game is resource intensive and sends a lot of data to the client in the first minute. This is not an issue for any client joining after a minute or more of the server being up.

I want to have players in a simple lobby server, and then start a server, then send them to that server. I don’t want to use ReserveServer because it seems like you have to keep track of player counts in each server across datastore in order to start new servers when one is full/empties. Haven’t tried anything because I haven’t found anything, so some help would be nice.

Unfortunately, reserve server would have to be the way to go if you want to achieve that behavior. Either that or you implement asset loading into the game and do it normally. Coming this year is a new type of datastore that allows quick communication between servers for things like matchmaking, so you would have to wait until then if you wanted to prevent using a normal datastore. That, or a webserver.

I think the new datastore method will be out by the time we’re done with the game. Does asset loading work with terrain, as terrain is what’s causing the issue and I’ve never used asset loading before.