Sporadic camera/sensitivity issue in macOS Mojave

https://gyazo.com/e85b51cd5fd1fda664849169ad5986b1 2

I’m having issues with Studio in macOS Mojave Beta. Notice how slightly I move my cursor, and how the camera reacts. It is not the sensitivity, because the speed at which it turns varies slow/fast while my cursor is at a constant speed.

Also, all the text has turned bold. :confused:

Anyone having the same problems?
Anyone have a solution?

Other info:

Native res 2880x1800
Refresh rate 60hz
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
Scaled up to ‘More Space’ (Mac)
View text size 12
Apple Magic Mouse 2
It was normal before I upgraded to Mojave.

10 Likes

Yep, also have this issue. On my 2018 15" and 2017 13", there’s no issue on high Sierra.

3 Likes

I have these issues as well although the mouse thing is a Mojave bug, not a Roblox bug, as I’ve found a solution for it within System Preferences. As for the bold text issue, I tried looking into a temporary solution and couldn’t find anything. I tried changing the default font for most text in studio by editing the RobloxStudioRibbon.xml file’s font entry but the font size was either abnormally large or extra bold for everything I tried. It’s also most likely an issue with MacOS Mojave. Probably associated with changes with font rendering, etc. Sadly there’s no option to change the font size in the xml file, that would have possibly provided a temporary work around until it’s potentially/hopefully fixed in a later beta or the full release.

Edit: Another issue I’ve found is that loading up a new instance of Studio causes my whole system to freeze momentarily while it loads.
My Device:
2017 Macbook Pro 15"

To fix the mouse issue:
Go to System Preferences → Security and Privacy → Accessibility
Then click the lock icon and put in your computer’s password to make changes and check the checkbox for “Roblox Studio” or uncheck then recheck it if it’s already checked. If it’s not there then click the “+” button and find Roblox Studio in your applications and make sure it’s checked. Then restart your computer and it should work correctly. It’s an accessibility bug within MacOS Mojave that still persists as of Beta 3.

Note: I’ve found that it’s still not perfect, in a new instance of Studio when you first try to move your camera you will most likely encounter a freeze and beach ball cursor for 1-2 seconds before it works like normal. Sigh The things I endure for system wide dark theme… :sweat_smile:

Hope this helps! :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you so much, this worked!

And yeah, I know right…

4 Likes

So true. Thanks for the temp fix.

Edit: Nevermind. didn’t work for me. I got the beach ball but then it continued with the weird camera.

1 Like

Oh weird, worked fine for me. I’ll look for another solution in the meantime.

1 Like

Are you still experiencing this?

1 Like

issue still persists. i also can’t open a published place either. dunno what to do here but studio is pretty much unusable for me.

2 Likes

In System Preferences, try toggling the studio accessibility allowance off then back on. As simple as it sounds, it refreshes the connection between the system and studio, and that solves the camera thing for me.

alright, but what about the published places? studio crashes when i try to open them

Hmm, I don’t think that’s tied to Mojave, so far haven’t heard of any other users or myself experiencing this because of Mojave. See here though:

No solution yet unfortunately. Anyhow, glad that the camera problem is solved!

1 Like

oh wow, thanks for showing me this

1 Like

I…uhh…I’ll retract that. I’m starting to experience this too, and not only with published places, with any place…

I tried restarting, nothing, tried my previous solution, no update. I can’t even create a new baseplate. Guess we need to file a report.

1 Like

yeah, this is bad

I’m also experiencing this issue. However, when I tried to open one of my games from the website, it magically worked. I’m also finding it mildly infuriating how I have to allow RobloxStudio to “control your computer” in order for the camera to function properly.

me and and another user are having this issue, really frustrating since I have client work to do

Suddenly fixed overnight. :thinking: Roblox Studio is reaching new records in the National Awards for instability. Grrrrr…

been happening for me 24+ hours, yikes

UPDATE: just pressed edit for the website and it’s let me in, I gotta go back to accessibility and allow it again but idk if this is a fix or just a one time thing…

2 Likes

weird, but thanks for telling me about that workaround