StarterCharacters disabling ClickDetectors from activating

I am testing my game and I recently found that my starter char is disabling SOME click detectors from working but others work fine?

The click detectors only work without the starter character, when the starter character is in use they seem to not work at all.

I have tried enabling and disabling “cantouch” for my parts w click detectors, and i tried reimporting my starter character and this is the first time this has happened so it is v strange.

here is what my starter character persists of, all parts have “cantouch” enabled and only the mesh has disabled collisions. Any help would be appreciated.
(edit): I also forgot to include that this is happening in studio and ingame if that helps.

Screenshot 2023-11-11 112355

maybe your custom Starter Character mesh has blocked your camera view, try to change the camera CF for example

--client
local camera = game.Workspace.camera
local character = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character
local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")

local fakeCamera = character.fakeCamera --add a fake camera part into your startercharacter and then declare it

RunService.RenderStepped:Connect(function() -- use RunService.RenderStepped to prevent camera setback to original camera CFrame
       camera.CFrame = Vector3.New(fakeCamera.Position.X, fakeCamera.Position.Y, fakeCamera.Position.Z) -- set player cameraCFrame into the position of fakeCamera
end)

if you want you can add an if statement to reduce lag

Check to see if you set the PrimaryPart for the startercharacter.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.