Struggling to get my game famous

Hey developers!

So I have been working on a game and I am wishing to bid robux so I can get 15 players all at once in my game.
Are you guys able to tell me what is recommended to bid daily.

Also the issue is that famous developers have told me that advertising don’t do anything.

So I just want to know what’s your ideas on how to get my game famous.

Here is my game link.

I am also accepting feedback ideas.

P.S if this is in the wrong category let me know someone in the roblox admin team told me to post here so I dealt it would be in the wrong category.

5 Likes

It’s better to sponsor your game (on the website).
Some people use an AdBlocker which also blocks Roblox ads.
I don’t know anything about advertising, all I know is sponsoring is sort of better then advertising.

4 Likes

If your entire goal is to get famous or rich, then you have the wrong goal in mind. Your ultimate focus should be constantly improving the game to make it better and more fun to play. If you are able to do that, then you increase your chances of success.

The best advertising is word of mouth. However, players will only keep playing and bring their friends if they enjoy the game you have made. Also, the reason simply advertising your game doesn’t work is because it may bring players to play your game but it won’t necessarily make them stay or invite friends.

7 Likes

Not sure which admin told you it belongs in Discussion or if they were an admin in the first place, but specific game help should be done in Game Design Support. Discussion is more for overall prompts about development on the platform that has relevance to all developers. I’ve recategorised the post with regards to this.

3 Likes

My goal is to make and create awesome games.

But I also want the goal to be famously known for my game.

1 Like

Hotel games wont get you “famous”, hotel games appeal to such a small niche of people that its not worth it.

Do you see any hotel games on the front page? No.
Take a look at the front page games and see how they are succeeding and keeping players, make sure the games genre appeals to a large audience or no-one is going to play your game.

Alright thanks for the feedback.

Also bloxton use to be on the front page.

You already posted about this game before.
Your game needs improvements and your group is called “Minecraft pe net games server”. How is anyone going to want to join your community when you’re not branded as what you are?

15 people concurrently sounds like a bit much. Make sure your ad is good, your game is good, your discord/group is professional.
“roblox admin team” is probably not who they say they are and the devforum is unrelated to them anyways.
Add a feedback UI to your game and bid an add for 200 just to test the waters

I have not seen the rooms in game but if they look like this then they are barren. No design.

No ad blockers don’t block Roblox ADs. Ad blockers have filter lists that filter out objects from the website while it’s being loaded and it physically can remove Roblox ads because Roblox ads are apart of Roblox, not an AD service. Unless the AD blocker was made for Roblox specifically to block Roblox ADs which in its self would be strange because most Roblox players like Roblox ADs.

I say this time and time again to make your game famous and popular you need to have a consistent player base. To get that consistent player base you need to form a community and your game has to have objectives to work towards. Anyways Hotels rarely have a consistent player because most people who join are usually people who will only join once or twice ever again. Therefore your gonna need really good PR and advertising to get anyone really to join your game because you are using a game idea it’s pretty unpopular.

Suggestions
Also, a GFX would make your thumbnail so much better. You could also add a secret story in your hotel to get more people to join. That UI needs to be cleaned up. Your models also seem to be quite plain and bland. If you do advertise at least 1k robux a day should get you decent results but make your ad look good so more people will actually click on it.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Aura

2 Likes

Also the issue is that famous developers have told me that advertising don’t do anything.

I’ve also been told you need to spend at least 100k robux on advertising for any game to go anywhere. I can’t provide screenshots (I left the group in question due to complete lack of respect when I was moving houses and crying over a dead relative), but it kind of speaks for itself.

As for the game, the like ratio should tell you that it’s not good enough to get a stable playercount. A good game is accessible (why does the game need a decent PC to run???), has a target audience (hopefully), and has a core loop (for a shooter game, it could be kill people > earn credits > buy stuff)

Third thing, the game won’t get anywhere if it has nothing unique to go for it. If you have the choice to go to a McDonalds, or a much cheaper fast food chain nearby with significantly lower quality, which one will you pick? It’s pretty much the same here.
My goal of making an FPS shooter was to bring attachments and realism to a new level, and it seems to be going pretty well so far (group is growing, game has a high like ratio and is growing despite still being an alpha test)

Last thing is patience. It takes time to hire people, it takes time to script, it takes time to grow, it tkaes time to get good.

2 Likes

My adblocker blocks ads. It moves everything to the side:

1 Like

Wow-what adblocker are you using I have never seen that before. Could it be a combination of an AD blocker and premium?

1 Like

I have it disabled on the website, but I use a built in AdBlocker for the web browser ‘Brave’

1 Like

Oh yeah, that makes sense brave has a really good system to root out outside elements that can have functions that cause them to randomly change. I’m not sure how Roblox does their ads but I believe they have a number 1 to 20 million and when you buy an ad you get a certain amount of numbers depending on how much you pay. The browser saw that function because its similar to most ad services it blocked it, I assume.

I love brave I use it on my phone blocks those annoying popup advertisements and save data. :grin:

4 Likes