Studio breaking start/taskbar shortcuts constantly

As a developer I find it counterproductive to constantly relocate shortcuts for Studio after (quite frequent) updates. I use Studio quite frequently and I catch myself fixing my Start menu shortcut often.

It’s not a huge issue but it is quite frustrating after dealing with it for a while and it suggests a flaw in how updates or builds are structured. I don’t know if Roblox makes new .exe files or whatnot but I’ve never seen another program perform this kind of behaviour. I don’t know if it is intentional or not.

2 Likes

At least on my system, I can create a shortcut to %localappdata%\Roblox\Versions\RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe

This doesn’t seem to move or be renamed often (if at all) like the others since they get uniquely named folders for each version and break shortcuts.

A post was merged into an existing topic: My RobloxStudio taskbar shortcut breaks after updates

Merged into the above topic because this is a duplicate. Please make sure you use the search bar before creating topics in the future.