Studio Crashing

Unlisted YouTube Video

I can open other places in the universe but not the main one. The backup used for updating the game without actually updating does not open. Same issue. I think this started when I used the adding images to the place thing or when the big Roblox maintenance of '15 happened. The crashing seems random. Randomly starts happening and will randomly stop happening.

Place: http://www.roblox.com/Farming-with-Friends-place?id=152166169

Logs:[code]
24.02.2015 12:43:16.51872 (0.1318194)Log “RobloxStudio”
12:43:16.51872 (0.1318194) CrashReporter Start
24.02.2015 12:43:24.59872 (8.3667403)End Log

24.02.2015 12:43:16.51872 (0.1318194)Log “CrashReporter_WatcherThreadFunc”
12:43:16.51872 (0.1318194) WatcherThread Started
24.02.2015 12:43:24.59872 (8.3667403)End Log

Application Log
Start: Tue Feb 24 12:43:16 2015

###    Shutdown    ###

Closing log file
[/code]

I have no clue as to why it could be crashing on startup, I’m not savvy with Studio itself as a program. The only occurrence I have of it crashing is occasionally when using the script editor.
Though, we can’t view your video by the way.

[quote] Though, we can’t view your video by the way.

[/quote]

Whoops! Thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

This is happening again :angry:

The weirdest part is it will go away on its own. I opened the game 3 times with it crashing. It didn’t crash the 4th time…

Hello? Anyone? :emo-angst:

It’s a bit difficult to work on my game when studio is crashing when I open it…

EDIT: Currently the issue only occurs when I open one of the games in the universe. The other ones open just fine. Also, the output is complaining about having to reload some of the local images for the game (ones uploaded via studio). Not sure if that’s related to the crashes or not.

Do you have any applications like screen recorders or reskinners that hook into every process? Close them if you do.

I do not believe so… I’ll restart the computer and see if it works.

I’m investigating this issue. Based on one crash I was able to find, it may only happen when the timing for image load lines up in a certain way with the rendering cycle. Some things that may mitigate its occurance:

• try opening one of the places that is not crashing, and from there remove the game images you have added so far
  • you should be able to download an up-to-date version of your place using the asset handler (http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=[placeid]) as long as you are logged in. The issue should not reproduce if you open that place from file as opposed from the web (though there may be a crash after publishing)

[quote] I’m investigating this issue. Based on one crash I was able to find, it may only happen when the timing for image load lines up in a certain way with the rendering cycle. Some things that may mitigate its occurance:

• try opening one of the places that is not crashing, and from there remove the game images you have added so far
  • you should be able to download an up-to-date version of your place using the asset handler (http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=[placeid]) as long as you are logged in. The issue should not reproduce if you open that place from file as opposed from the web (though there may be a crash after publishing) [/quote]

So the only fix is to remove the images from the game? That stinks…

I’ll try opening it via the asset and see what happens. EDIT: I have no idea what I’m doing. Using the asset handler I get a file that studio doesn’t know how to open…

ANOTHER EDIT: Got the place open from the website. Shaking the camera like a madman seemed to have worked. This sure is an annoying and bizarre issue.