Studio End of Support for Vista and Mac 10.7, 10.8

Hey Developers,

We’re writing this announcement to inform you ahead of time that we’re going to remove Roblox Studio support for a few operating systems. We’ve decided to do this because we believe that our engineer’s time is best spent working on improving Studio, rather than maintaining compatibility for outdated systems.

As of May 1st, 2018 we will be discontinuing Studio support on the following versions of Windows and Mac:

• Windows Vista
  • Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
  • Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

To clarify, we are only removing support for the specific operating systems mentioned above. All newer operating systems are still supported. These operating systems are no longer supported by their vendors, and account for a very small percentage of Studio users.

If you are using one of these operating systems, or know someone who does, we urge you to spread the word and upgrade to a newer version as soon as possible. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this announcement, and our team will follow up.

Thanks,
Studio Team

61 Likes

RIP Vista, you won’t be missed, you terrible abomination.

89 Likes

i really hope that no one was using vista, not because it’s losing studio support, but because it’s vista

47 Likes

ah yes i remember playing roblox on a vista

13 Likes

Please tell me Windows 7 is still being supported for the time being.

10 Likes

The real abomination is Windows 8.

17 Likes

I’m amazed vista was even still being supported, didn’t microsoft already drop support for it years ago? and just recently for Windows 7 as well?

1 Like

Oh no! How will I never take a break from dev work to sit back and watch a cool fish tank screensaver now?!?

11 Likes

Hopefully without having to support vista we can finally get linux support :yum:!

18 Likes

Judging by how Win 7 is still one of if not the largest used OS, ofc.

and shocked roblox even supported vista at all still lol.

8 Likes

Windows Vista more like Windows Iwontmissya

16 Likes

What about Windows 10

I loved vista when it came out, Can’t understand why people dis it so much!

3 Likes

YES PLEASE! I would love linux support.

3 Likes

End of an era! Better upgrade then.

Windows 10 is the real MVP!

3 Likes

But Microsoft likes to spy on users with windows 10
Idk apparently

4 Likes

Oh I don’t know about that.

I mean you know they can just retroactively spy on Win7 users as well, and what are you going to do, keep using the same OS as it further and further becomes outdated?

2 Likes

I liked Vista’s visuals.
But never used Vista ever.

Did Microsoft drop XP support after Vista or the other way around? :thinking: