Studio frozen after bringing a minimized window into focus

@lll_xyz @Subcritical_alt I managed to recreate the issue and get a dump file while studio was frozen. I’ve privately sent you both the file.

@berezaa, thanks for your sharing.
Just checked the dump file, seems to find the reason. Will file an internal ticket for it:-)

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing my laptop freezing when I open studuo the past 2 days was fine before so I’m not sure what’s going on. I’m trying to work things out I Uninstalled studio but when in the middle reinstalling, it froze again.

Going to do a scan, to look for anything related to the computer

Once you find Studio freeze for any suspicious reason, please generate a few full dump (maybe one dump per minute :slight_smile:), zip & upload to google drive, then PM me the shared link to download. It would be better if you can save 2 or 3 dump files, for instance, one dump per half minute:-)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/931673/how-to-create-a-user-mode-process-dump-file-in-windows

I’m not knowledgeable in creating dump files or know a whole lot about them, and kinda having a hard time understanding the article.

I done a scan and it picked up 1 or 2 things and got rid of it, and got rid of cookies etc.

I’m going to try reinstalling studio again in the am and see what happens, I’ll also look more into creating dump files. If I still have issues and I get a dump file I’ll pm you

I’d create my own post but I’m still a “new member”

Studio is working fine after doing a reinstall and a scan

1 Like