Studio locks up and needs to be force closed 10 times a day

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

When I exit play solo, there’s around an 8% chance that studio locks up on my Windows laptop. The application isn’t frozen (not “Not Responding”), but I can’t interact with anything. I can even mouse over studio buttons and it gives me visual feedback but clicking on them does nothing.

The only way to close the application is to use the Task Manager, which I do ~10 times a day. This bug slows down my ability to code features for my game Adopt Me drastically, not only because of the sunk time to recover and republish, but also because it disrupts my short term memory and makes me lose context on what I’m working on.

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

This bug started at least 2 weeks ago. It was working fine at least 2 months ago.

6 Likes

Can you also give us your computers makes os etc ?

Thanks for the rapid response. Here’s the info about my computer and OS:

Computer: MSI - GS Series Stealth 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti - 512GB SSD - Matte Black With Gold Diamond Cut
Model: GS65 STEALTH-296

While staff is looking into the issue, you could try using the oldschool new play solo window until the issue has been fixed. It’s still accessible by pressing F6. It’s kind of clunky, but you won’t have to go through the recovery hoops.

1 Like

That’s a really great idea! I think I’ll start doing that. Thanks @Brinker7!

could you please PM me a full Studio dump file when it happens again?

Please refer to below for how to generate full dump with windows task manager:-)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/931673/how-to-create-a-user-mode-process-dump-file-in-windows

Thanks a lot!
Best Regards
lll_xyz

1 Like

Will do! Thanks for the instructions

1 Like

Have to go to bed now, and since will be out for my daughter’s activity tomorrow, will try to find some change to check your dump then.

1 Like