Studio never able to save

I keep trying to save my creations, and it either says save failed, please try again, or it just doesn’t save at all and won’t let me close out.

This usually happens after a long time building, like 2-3 hours. For shorter times, I don’t usually run into this problem. I do try workarounds like uploading things to roblox with the model system, but that doesn’t work at all either.

https://i.imgur.com/4XNDHGx.png (model just says HTTP 500 error)

So usually, I try to publish the game as well and that doesn’t work, but when I look at my games later on I have 3 or 4 new games but empty baseplates.

So what I have to do at this point is save the rbxl file to save my work and create a new place. This it pretty tedious and I would prefer that the save system worked. Does anyone have any fixes for this?

Here is a photo of the usual message I get:

I have had experience where when I close out of a studio file, try to reenter, then get an error, however I have not seen an error of this category in this specific area of Studio. Have you tried waiting it out, then trying to complete the action you were trying to do before?

When you save how are you doing it?

• Closing out of Studio and clicking on ‘Save’
  • Save to file
  • Save to file as
  • Save to Roblox
  • Publish to Roblox
  • Publish to Roblox as

You should be using Publish to Roblox so it uploads the place you are working on in Studio (and all the updates you’ve done) over top of the previous Roblox place you want to update.

I usually publish immediately, I don’t usually save. My go-to “save” keybind is Alt+P to publish my game.

For me, I would personally use “Save to ROBLOX” for a testing place, etc.

Lol I keep replying to the wrong person here. Shoulda replied to @b_bybackribs

1 Like

My method is typically to click the x button and select save when prompted. When that doesnt work I move to file > publish to roblox then i try publishing it as a new game, then lastly I save it as a file.