Studio slowing down considerably over time

The longer you use studio for (SilentSwords is experiencing this issue too) the more unresponsive studio comes. The issue is solved by closing and re-opening studio.

Repo steps: Use studio.

This has been reported numerous times, but still (:() never fixed. It occurs over time when using RibbonBar. This is probably about the sixth time someone has posted about it. Nevertheless, thank you. It’s good to bring the issue up again. :]

They know about it but one of the staff members said something around the lines of “more important stuff to worry about right now.”

This is (one reason) why I don’t use RibbonBar.

There is a fix for this on its way, or so Silent137 told me.

Thank you for your input. We now know you hate the ribbon bar.

That doesn’t sound right.

source

~3 months*

The studio is still functional, but it’s just really annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

gets super hyped to fix glitch
opens module script
1 second passes
module script opens
comes back with coffee

Ok I’ll upgrade my disbelief status from unbelievable to absolutely inconceivable. Did they give up or something?[/quote]

If you look at the flags for studio one of them is “ExperimentalSelectionLagFix” or something, which you can force enable. However, it seems when it’s on that the explorer frequently doesn’t work while you’re in the script editor (i.e. you can’t collapse/expand models and their children, clicking on another object doesn’t deselect the previous one, etc – pretty much it’s unusable). It’s been like that for a while, so I guess the fix got shelved way back.

Ok I’ll upgrade my disbelief status from unbelievable to absolutely inconceivable. Did they give up or something?[/quote]

If you look at the flags for studio one of them is “ExperimentalSelectionLagFix” or something, which you can force enable. However, it seems when it’s on that the explorer frequently doesn’t work while you’re in the script editor (i.e. you can’t collapse/expand models and their children, clicking on another object doesn’t deselect the previous one, etc – pretty much it’s unusable). It’s been like that for a while, so I guess the fix got shelved way back.[/quote]

I suppose we can all sympathise with fixes being incredibly hard but surely this should be a priority?

It’s starting to seem like it’s happening faster every time too. It’s super annoying having to close your Studio mid-session because right-clicking an object takes [strike]20 minutes[/strike] 2 seconds to happen.

[quote] The longer you use studio for (SilentSwords is experiencing this issue too) the more unresponsive studio comes. The issue is solved by closing and re-opening studio.

Repo steps: Use studio. [/quote]

This is caused by going into and out of Play Solo repeatedly, not by time spent in Studio. If you never use Play Solo, this issue shouldn’t happen (This does not mean that the fix is to not use Play Solo). If it does happen when you have not used Play Solo, please let me know, as that would be a different issue! We haven’t forgotten about this issue, nor is it something we’re ignoring.

[quote] The longer you use studio for (SilentSwords is experiencing this issue too) the more unresponsive studio comes. The issue is solved by closing and re-opening studio.

Repo steps: Use studio. [/quote]

This is caused by going into and out of Play Solo repeatedly, not by time spent in Studio. If you never use Play Solo, this issue shouldn’t happen (This does not mean that the fix is to not use Play Solo). If it does happen when you have not used Play Solo, please let me know, as that would be a different issue! We haven’t forgotten about this issue, nor is it something we’re ignoring.[/quote]

Ah okay, sorry I should have been clearer in the original post. Thanks for keeping us clued in.

Edit: To probe a little is this likely to be fixed soon? I get that it isn’t a critical error but it is certainly an annoyance and it seems like the kind of problem that shouldn’t be allowed to persist for over three months. This isn’t about me criticising you and your team who I have no doubt work incredibly hard, it’s more of a curiosity.

This issue should be resolved now! Let me know if you encounter any unusual issues with the Explorer window.

WOOOOO

Thank you! This had been a pain in the rear for the longest time!

As someone who spent the time to make a PlaySolo work with a custom datastore, I am very thankful

Box selecting ~30 items or more causes a significant drop in FPS.

"This issue should be resolved now! Let me know if you encounter any unusual issues with the Explorer window. "

Whatever you did didn’t fix the underlying issue. Instead of the explorer slowing down over time, the time it takes to enter Play Solo slows down considerably over time.