Studio starts first before prompting/forcing me to restart for an update

Whenever there is an update for Studio and I start Studio, it will first fully open up Studio before prompting me with the message that Studio needs to close for an update.

The expected behavior is that Studio first checks if there is an update and then performs that update before fully starting Studio, so that I don’t have to first hit a prompt, then wait for it to update and restart itself. It should work and update automatically with only that first time I start Studio.

Current: I open Studio > Studio goes to the start screen > Studio prompts me that it has to update > Accept prompt > Studio updates and restarts itself > Studio goes to the start screen > I can develop

Expected: I open Studio > Studio updates > Studio goes to the start screen > I can develop

The “Expected” used to be what happened whenever Studio updated until recently, maybe a few months back, I don’t remember exactly when since I thought this was a one-off due to slow network, but I now realise it happens every time Studio updates for me even on my home connection.

I would add a screenshot but I cannot get this to happen on-demand (because it requires there to be a Studio update). I’ll try to take a video next week.

System details:

• CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • Integrated graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

Studio version: 0.424.0.392804

Not sure if logs are useful here but I can look and provide in via DM if necessary.

The expected behavior is the intended behavior. Looks like the shutdown request for Studio isn’t being honored, which causes the actual behavior. We’re able to reproduce this internally, and are working on rectifying this.

2 Likes