Studio updates ruining shortcut icons on taskbar, desktop, and start menu

Updates are great. In fact, most of the features that developers use frequently have all been implemented through a Roblox Studio update, as many of them were not present on day one. However, what’s not great is when these updates interrupt your work flow with their unintended behavior.

Whenever I launch Studio and realize I have to update it, I get immediately distracted from my development work flow. It’s not because of the prompt to update the application itself, as I believe it’s incredibly helpful for the app to automatically update. Rather, it’s what comes after the update is complete. Every time Studio completes an update, all of the previous icons for it, including the one I have set in a particular spot on my taskbar, on my desktop, and even my start menu, all go completely useless. With every single update, I need to locate Roblox Studio in my app list, and have to pin it to my taskbar, desktop, and start menu. I’ve been experiencing this issue for months now, and it still hasn’t been fixed. Something this small and simple may not be an issue if it occured once or twice, but when it happens consistently with every update, it definitely becomes a hassle.

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: My RobloxStudio taskbar shortcut breaks after updates

Merged because it’s a duplicate.