Studio view memory

I cannot find where to view the memory for the green play button run type. Currently I have yet to work on the client scripts so everything would break if I play as player. I want to make sure there is no memory leak on what I’ve thus far written on the server side.

1 Like

While in Studio, go into the View tab, and near the middle, there is a button called “Performance”. Click it and Play the game. Open up the tab PerformanceStats to check your memory, CPU, GPU, etc…

1 Like

I don’t think a like can represent how much of a help this will be! It’s really helpful. I’m curious how you found out about this. Might be a dumb question but figured I’d ask.
Is there a studio manual? I’ve never seen it.

2 Likes

Well, there is the Roblox developer wiki, it has tons of useful articles and detailed on how to do certains things, it even has some tutorials in it.

But I did not find it there, I actually found it while searching for the output button after 2 years of inactivity on Roblox Studio. Saw the Performance tab and voala, there it was.

Glad I could help. If you haven’t checked the dev wiki, do so! I use it all the time.

Good luck with your creations!

EDIT: Found this page in the dev wiki which explains the different parts of the studio, just click in one of the 7 tabs to get detailed information on each button that they contain: Welcome to Roblox Studio | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

1 Like