[Closed] Submit Your Pitch for the Developer Blog!

Bless you and the roblox employees for not having a deadline. I have an idea for a blog, but my only game doesn’t really do a good job of showing what I want to write about.

8 Likes

Will the blog only last for this year, or always?

8 Likes

My only complaint about marketing would be the developer rates/ more ways to monetize games. Gamepasses just dont cut it anymore.

6 Likes

Curious if you’d let me go really deep into the plugin aspects of things, because oh boy, there’s a lot there I could go into

5 Likes

I am currently writing an article about the concepts of using design patterns in Game Design. Software Engineers have patterns so why can’t game designs have them too? The prerequisites exclude my participation. I don’t have a ready portfolio, and too shy to share my designs(they’re not ready yet). I’ll use #resources:community-tutorials instead of Medium, they’re in essence-- the same. Being able to participate in publishing for Medium interests me.

6 Likes

I’m under 18 and I put my real birthdate for the form and it let me so I guess its 13+ or something.

5 Likes

I’m gonna do one on open-world game development!

Hope I get in! :pray:

4 Likes

Quick question. Could this be a link to a topic you’ve made on the developer forum (that isn’t a portfolio of course, possibly your most viral tutorial)? Because I don’t have a game or portfolio to put here.

5 Likes

Absolutely! Anything that is most relevant to your pitch :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello everyone!!! We received a ton of submissions and are still working through them. Y’all are crazy talented and it has been a blast reading through some of these blog ideas :heart_eyes:

:rotating_light: Quick Safety PSA! :rotating_light:

There have been some reports of staff impersonation on Discord, so please be careful if you receive any suspicious messages from anyone claiming to be Roblox staff. I’d recommend double checking mutual servers, mutual friends, asking them to message you through the Forums, etc.

For example, if me or coefficients message you on Discord, check that the account is also in the Dev Forum servers and consider yelling at us - tell us to email you (and check that it is a @ roblox .com email) or message you via Dev Forum DM instead!

Do note that staff will NEVER ask you to copy/paste any strange links or files. Be careful, be safe, and remember to double check the identity of anyone claiming to be staff :female_detective: :female_detective: :female_detective:

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I like this idea but I don’t know why the blog isn’t linked in this post. It’s also not the first result in a Google search.

I only found out about this Blog after seeing it at the bottom of the FAQ page. I think this should be more publicized like in a pinned post or in the side bar.

6 Likes

Amazing blog. Lot of useful posts!
Hope you post more stuff there :clap:

3 Likes