Suddenly received hundreds of thousands of ROBUX through Game Page Revenue Conversion?

Yeah it’s very strange. I’m confused on how this is working all of a sudden like everyone else, but I made a hefty R$ 20 from it:

3 Likes

It’s always worked, just kinda rare usually. Congrats on the R$20 :slight_smile:

Would also like to point out that in group funds it doesn’t show conversion revenue for some reason…

it’s under each individual game’s developer stats under promotion tab.

Yes I understand that. But it also shows up in your revenue stats under its own label but it doesn’t show up in group revenue stats if it’s a group game.

Looks like it was a glitch and Roblox is threatening moderation action to those affected by it. How would the people affected have known they shouldn’t spend it?

13 Likes

They mentioned in the email “knowingly”. If you saw this then spent it you could be moderated. But for those that didn’t know, you wouldn’t get moderated.

1 Like

I got this message too, and I checked and didn’t even receive any game page conversion revenue. Now they’re threatening to ban the victims of their own screwup, sounds fair.

This is especially insulting seeing as the Black Friday sale is this week >_>

8 Likes

So basically, people who don’t know how they got extra robux can get banned for using it.

People who didn’t know that it was a bug, get banned for using it.

How can you “Knowingly” use it unless you use it after they sent this PM. Seems too flawed.

Also if you don’t even see the PM sent by Roblox because you either don’t check PMs or your PMs are flooded, you get banned.

v See this below, say you do not check anything Roblox (PMs, DevForums) related and spend this robux, B A N N E D

12 Likes

Thank you for voicing your concerns.

Do not worry, the robux you shouldn’t spend will be displayed here (https://www.roblox.com/my/money.aspx#/#Summary_tab)

To help further clarify the messaging, this is for robux that was not earned that you knowingly spent with a malicious intent. Situations such as the one mentioned previously, will be revised carefully before any action is taken.

Please rest assured, we will be following up next week with more information.

4 Likes

How can Roblox be 100% certain whether a user spent the robux knowingly or not?

5 Likes

So just to clarify, as long as we don’t spend enough robux to the point where it falls below the amount we earned from the Game Page Conversion Revenue, it isn’t a problem?

I just want to make sure people don’t get falsely banned because they used robux that were “marked as bad” because there is no way of distinguishing individual robux from an outside perspective.

Also, what is going to happen to people who have already spent that much prior to the announcement made about the error?

No need to immediately answer, I just want to make sure these questions are addressed internally.

3 Likes

Those situations will be revised on a case by case basis. We will make sure the situation is revised properly before a serious action is taken on an account.

Correct

This is for robux spent with a malicious intent, it will be resolved internally on an individual basis. We understand most developers might have spent it without knowing before they received the direct message on Roblox.

8 Likes

Regarding Devex restrictions: does that mean we can’t make submissions until further notice, or they just won’t get approved? Does it affect people who didn’t get any Robux at all from the issue?

1 Like

Submissions won’t be approved until next week. This was already the case due to the Thanksgiving break. They will get back to it next week at full speed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is putting Robux into the ad system for our games malicious intent?

1 Like

This currently applies to all cases where you knowingly spend the non-earned robux.

1 Like

Example:

I am a user that makes 10,000 robux off this bug. I don’t know that I got it since I have thousands of robux on my account. I’m not a member of the forums here, I don’t read PMs because I get many or I simply do not see the notice. I spend 10,000 robux on a new limited OR on ads for my game. According to you, this is marked as malicious and I am now banned.

Correct? If so, then banning people shouldn’t be the answer. This is the second time something with rogue robux entering accounts has happened in under a year, this is unacceptable.

10 Likes

Thank you for bringing it up.

We will follow up next week with more information. We understand these sort of situations and will evaluate it internally before taking any serious actions.

1 Like

Might be useful to transfer this thread to a public section just for this reason so any non members affected can see.

Question for Carlos, how does Roblox define “malicious intent”?

2 Likes