Super laggy script editor on Mac - fixed

It’s been nearly 50 days to fix a rlly bad bug that’s easily reproducible :confused:

I don’t like to nag but it means I can’t use studio at all pretty much on my desktop, and it means it’s super bad on my laptop. Using a 3rd party script editor, with it’s lack of intellisense is just intolerable as well, and it’s still difficult to copy and paste in correctly because of the lag when scroll.

Please please plleeeeeaaaaassssseeee fix <3

1 Like

Hello! This bug brought a few other issues to our attention that dealt with the screen DPI and script window size. It is in progress and is high priority. We apologize for how long this is taking but we are working on it.

6 Likes

THANK YOU!!!

Really, if there is anything I can do to help please ask :smiley:

1 Like

Finally!

But I don’t want to thank to soon :wink:

Any updates? Can we help in anyway?

1 Like

Still in progress and one of our highest priority items being worked on right now. We will let you know when the status of the ticket changes.

5 Likes

Updates?

It’s only been 4 days. They can work fast, but maybe not quite that fast for complex bugs. (especially because there was also a weekend in there somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Fair but this has been an issue for close to 7 months, with easy repo.
So yes, I am a bit impatient. Apologizes. It’s just been slowing me down.

This has been one of the more annoying studio issues I’ve had the past couple months. Sometimes I have to resort to switching to my Windows partition to edit longer scripts. Hope it’s resolved soon!

We are still looking into this issue, but it is taking some time. Please bear with us in the mean time!

2 Likes

Any updates??? I can’t even script efficiently at this point.

1 Like

I’m struggling too. My laptop has been in for repair, and my iMac 5K has HORRIBLE delay to the point where I’m using an external editor. I appreciate you’re still working on it and thank you for that, and any updates would be super encouraging.

We’re still looking into this issue. We haven’t been able to identify any single item that causes this issue, so the process of fixing it is taking some time.

2 Likes

If it was your team who recently made the Mac pointer not deselect as often, and made it a lot easier to get it to reselect, THANKS!!!

Do you have any updates? Sorry to be impatient :confused:

I get the same thing. This is super annoying. Sometimes it can take up to 5 seconds to get one to two words onto the screen. This slows down the development process a ton. I’ve uninstalled studio and reinstalled, restarted my computer, and opened studio in different ways (on the site and the application button).

My Mac is about a year old (2016 model). I’ve had this bug for up to at least 5 months. It’s really annoying. Hope it gets fixed soon.

I’ve found a temporary solution though.

When I get like really annoyed by it or I’m making a longer script, most of the time I resize the studio window to about half the size and the lagging stops. But it’d be nice if the lag wasn’t there at all in the first place.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

oh dude u’re actually the best thank you so much

1 Like

No problem. :slight_smile: