Surface Tool - Bring Back Studs!

yes also i think the combination controls for shift and ctrl is too uncomfortable

1 Like

Iā€™ll see what I can do about customisation and toggles. thanks for the feedback :+1:

1 Like

I love it, my man! This is a useful plugin for devs and for people who just like messing around in studio and making their games old style!

2 Likes

Yeah I think a useful setting for this would to let users be able to use multiple selected parts to change to the surface material on them at the same time, some even all sides.

1 Like

:+1: Added to the to-do list! Thanks for the feedback.

Iā€™m planning an update to this at some point to include a better UI (most likely an on-screen toolbar while active), so will look into ways of incorporating these new features without bloating the plugin with too many options.

3 Likes

Hello, this plugin is super helpful so I donā€™t have to use the toolbox to find bricks with surface items on them. I ran into an issue, it doesnā€™t seem to work on a union. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a bug or it just hasnā€™t been an added feature but if it could work on unions, that would be a life saver.

2 Likes

sorry for the late response. sadly, I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to add surfaces to a union, due to how they work. when get around to giving surface tool a makeover, Iā€™ll look into possible options for unions

1 Like

Very helpful, Thank you for making this!

1 Like

This plugin came in handy after they deleted these surfaces; Iā€™ve been using it ever since; I truly enjoy creating things in the older style of Roblox, and this plugin is helping to keep me sane while doing so.

tl;dr
Youā€™re awesome, and I love your product. Continue to provide fantastic updates and work diligently!

suggestion
It would also be fantastic if this could be transformed into a texture tool at a later date, once support for these surfaces has been officially removed.

2 Likes

thanks so much! thatā€™s so nice to hear, and Iā€™m glad youā€™re enjoying it!

already in the plugin. if surfaces get removed, itā€™ll automatically fall back to textures :relaxed:

1 Like

Sort of a big request, but itā€™d be nice to have a second identical widget which allows you to add, remove, and rename custom textures (and maybe being able to save properties like transparency, color, or width and height). The workflow with this tool is already astounding, and Iā€™d love to see some extra functionality with one of my favorite plugins

2 Likes