System Message - How To Turn Off ResetOnSpawn

Hello, so I wanted to make a system that would say something in chat when a player first joins, but never says it again until the player Re-Joins. The only problem is, ResetOnSpawn is on, and I can’t turn it off. Can anyone help me?

Script:

local ResetOnSpawn = game:GetService(ResetOnSpawn)

game.StarterGui:SetCore(“ChatMakeSystemMessage”, {

Text = “Message_Here”;
Color = Color3.new(Color3_Here);

})

There is not a service called ResetOnSpawn what

You could just literally put that script inside StarterPlayerScripts and it should work?

game.StarterGui:SetCore("ChatMakeSystemMessage", {
Text = "Message_Here";
Color = Color3.new(Color3_Here);
})
2 Likes

Well, inside the properties there is. That’s what I was wondering, is how could I turn that off. I’ll try this script, and see if it works!

Those are for SurfaceGui objects

1 Like

Maybe try making a value inside the server, or using DataStores?

Oh, putting it into StarterPlayerScripts didn’t work, wouldn’t I have to change StarterGui to StarterPlayerScripts in the script?

And, the ResetOnSpawn part was what I was testing, because I thought maybe doing that would work. Thanks for pointing that out!

Are you sure? It worked fine for me:

Is your script a LocalScript? If not, do change it to that

Did you maybe mean StarterCharacterScripts?

StarterCharacterScripts would only send the message every time the character respawns, I don’t think you want that?

Nope, definitely not. For some reason, it doesn’t want to work.

Raw script:

game.StarterGui:SetCore(“ChatMakeSystemMessage”, {

Text = “[SYSTEM]: Welcome! Please Leave A Like, Also Buying Gamepasses Helps! :star:”;

Color = Color3.new(0.666667, 1, 0.498039);
})

Is that the script you would be using? (Basically the same, but with values.)

NVM! For some odd reason, it worked this time! Idk why, but thanks for the help!

I swear ROBLOX is breaking more and more as time passes
Whew, glad I was able to help then!

IKR, I tried at least 10 times and it wouldn’t work. It FINALLY DID! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: