Tastetea | Frequently Asked Questions

Tastetea | Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

Introduction

This section of the Handbook includes answers to the questions that are asked the most at Tastetea. If you find that your question is not on this document, feel free to contact any Staff Assistant+ for further assistance.

Questions & Answers

Q1: When are sessions hosted?

Sessions are hosted every day. Our session rotation is as follows: Tastetea | Session Rotation

Q2: I passed my application, how do I rank up from here?

As a Low Rank, you earn promotions by attending and passing training sessions. To be promoted to Junior Barista, you'll need to acquire at least 5/7 points by the end of the session. To be promoted to Barista, you'll need to acquire at least 6/7 points. To be promoted to Senior Barista, you'll need to acquire all 7 points. Once you have achieved the Senior Barista rank, you can refer to the SB Promotion Guide for more details on how to begin your journey to Staff Assistant.

Q3: I've been a Senior Barista for a long time now, and I haven't been promoted to Staff Assistant yet. What should I be doing to get promoted?

Hoping you've read the SB Promotion Guide, it is strongly recommended that you are working in the kitchen as much as you can and doing little things to personalize your interaction with customers. This can help you stand out from the rest without hinting for a promotion. We also recommend that you do not ask questions relating to the Staff Assistant position to avoid being accused of hinting. This can hurt your chances of getting promoted to SA.

Q4: I passed my training, but I wasn't promoted. What should I do?

In the rare event this happens, you should contact the staff member that trained and passed you as soon as possible. If you cannot get in contact with them, reach out to any of Tastetea's HRs about the situation, and we will be more than happy to help.

Q5: What does it mean when the Application Center is closed to the public? What should I do then?

At times, the Application Center will be closed to the public if there is an overflow of applications and our MRs and HRs need time to review them all. The center also may be closed if there was a bug/glitch found in-game. If the Application Center is closed, it shouldn't take very long for us to open it back up. An alternative to taking an application is attending an interview, which is more fast and efficient.

Q6: How do I become a Trainee?

To get a job as a Trainee, you'll need to either submit an application at the Application Center, or attend and pass an interview. To pass either one, you'll need to have minimum grammar mistakes and a good amount of detail for each answer. Applications can take up to 24 hours to be reviewed.

Q7: How do I know if my application has been accepted or declined?

Like stated before, applications can take up to 24 hours to be reviewed. If you haven't been ranked in 24 hours, your best guess is that you have failed your application. If you are ranked within 24 hours, you have passed your application. We kindly ask you not to submit another application until those 24 hours are up.

Q8: I have safechat. Can I apply for Trainee?

Yes, we allow users with safechat to apply for Trainee. However, safechat users will not be eligible for a promotion to SA.

Signed,
The Tastetea Presidential Board
4/29/20