Team Change with Group or Gamepass only

Hello, I am trying to make a GUI that lets you change the team, but only if you are in the group and have a rank OR if you have the gamepass for it, I’ve found a script but it’s not really working, here it is. Please can someone help me, I am making a SCP game and I do not find it anywhere else.

Here’s the script, I’ve added the script into the button that lets you change the team.

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	if game:GetService("MarketPlaceService"):PlayerOwnsAsset("gamepassidcomeshere") then
		if player:GetRoleInGroup(numbeidrofthegroupcomeshere) == "nameofrolecomeshere" then

local player = script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent

script.Parent.MouseButton1Click:connect(function()
	player.Team = game.Teams:FindFirstChild("Chaos Insurgency")
	player.Character.Humanoid.Health = 0
			end)
	    end
	  end
	end)
1 Like
game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	if game:GetService("MarketPlaceService"):PlayerOwnsAsset(player.UserId, "gamepassidcomeshere") or player:GetRoleInGroup(numbeidrofthegroupcomeshere) == "nameofrolecomeshere" then	
		local player = script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent

player.Team = game.Teams:FindFirstChild("Chaos Insurgency")
			player.Character.Humanoid.Health = 0
		end)
	end
end)

Fixed it for you.

Try using :GetRankInGroup() instead of :GetRoleInGroup()

Nope, he’s doing that part correctly. It returns a string.

You should place this line inside the MouseButton1Click function, doing it this way will allow a player that bought the game pass while playing the game to access the team without rejoining.

local gamepassId = 0
local groupId = 0
local minRank = 0

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(Player)
		if game:GetService("MarketPlaceService"):UserOwnsGamePassAsync(Player.UserId,gamepassId) or Player:GetRankInGroup(groupId) >= minRank then
			Player.Team = game.Teams:FindFirstChild("Chaos Insurgency")
			Player.Character.Humanoid.Health = 0
		else
			game:GetService("MarketPlaceService"):PromptGamePassPurchase(Player.UserId,gamepassId)
		end
	end)
end)

This code will check if the player owns the game pass each time the button is pressed, if the player does not own the game pass or has the required rank in the group the script will prompt the option o purchase the game pass.

1 Like

Thank you for the script, but it sadly doesn’t work, I put the script into a button as a normal script (not LocalScript) but ye it’s not working, even if I am in the group it does nothing. And it also doesn’t promt a gamepass purchase. Or would you recommend me another way for team changing, like using remote event??

My script was intended to go on the Server Script Service, but seems that you want to place it inside the PlayerGui.

Just a modification of the script for the Player Gui:

local gamepassId = 0
local groupId = 0
local minRank = 0
local Player = script.Parent -- Player Location here

if game:GetService("MarketPlaceService"):UserOwnsGamePassAsync(Player.UserId,gamepassId) or Player:GetRankInGroup(groupId) >= minRank then
		else
			game:GetService("MarketPlaceService"):PromptGamePassPurchase(Player.UserId,gamepassId)
		end
	end)

But I strongly recommend using Remote Events (are safer)

But in that case I recommend you to use Remote Event, are safer against exploiters.
Place a Remote Event on the Replicated Storage
Place a Local script to fire the event:

local event = game.ReplicatedStorage:FindFirstChild("Event") -- Your event location here
         event:FireServer()
    end)

And then a Server Script inside Server Script Service

local gamepassId = 0
    local groupId = 0
    local minRank = 0
    local Event = game.ReplicatedStorage.Event -- Event location here

Event.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(Player)
    		else
    		end
    	end)
    end)
3 Likes

I do I make this apply for a gui. You can see I posted stuff about this

The post is already 2 years old :slight_smile: