Team names are cut off

Reproduction Steps

Use a game where a player can change teams and have teams with multiple words in their names. When you change teams it should display the full team name that you changed to, but it only ever displays the first word of the team name.

Expected Behavior

The chat should display the full name of the team you switched to

Actual Behavior

It will only display the first name of the team you switch to.
RobloxPlayerBeta_r1I7FMyJiA
RobloxPlayerBeta_8Z8EcgPpt1
RobloxPlayerBeta_7SJmD4m0rk
RobloxPlayerBeta_pOgKZ4TPAy

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2020-12-12 00:12:00 (-08:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-07-28 00:07:00 (-07:00)

19 Likes

Is this even a bug? Im sure it does this with leaderstats as well, with value, etc. Im pretty sure its not a bug its intended.

1 Like

it used to display the full team name when switching teams, it makes no sense to switch to a team called “the red team” and see “you have joined the” in chat, rather than “you have joined the red team”.

11 Likes

(admins) reading this, people have reported this same bug (MULTIPLE TIMES) and every time it hasn’t been patched. Please, just fix this.

4 Likes

This isn’t necessarily a bug, but definitely something that should be changed. It’s for games which have their teams named as such: “Blue Team”, “Red Team”, etc, so that it can say “You have joined the ‘Red’ team.”, rather than “You have joined the ‘Red Team’ team.” A more appropriate place to have this topic in is #feature-requests.

2 Likes

This has been a bug for a long time now, it cuts off where you make a space. If it’s an issue name it “:emoji:Miami_Dale” or something

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

10 Likes

The chat for some reason for the last few years in general has had a lot of cutoff issues for no reason, even though it used to work fine.

1 Like

I have found a “temporary” solution to this problem.

Using U+2800, or “⠀” as a replacement for spaces, it will fix the problem.

Certain operating systems will display the character as ⛝ or crash ROBLOX, so its not a perfect solution as of now.

1 Like

Still occurring as of March 2024. I would like to know if this issue is still being tracked :smile: .

1 Like