TeaR Engine | A Destruction Physics Engine (0.2.0) | DISCONTINUED, SITE GONR

TeaR Engine is a Voxel Based Destruction Physics Engine meant for creating games with lots of destruction in them.

This engine is similar to Teardown, which was my inspiration!

Here are features included in this engine!

• Falling Physics
  • Chunks after being Hit
  • Voxel Sounds
  • Cars
  • Built in Hammer

Check out the Roadmap here:
TeaR Engine Roadmap

Download the engine here: File From GitHub
TeaR Engine

EDIT: Just realized I’m making Robux off the demo lol…

Not recommended for use, not that good and very unoptimized at times (I know its been 2 years)

21 Likes

https://github.com/QuoniamScripting/readdon/raw/main/TeaREngine(0.2.0).rbxm returns a 404 error, meaning I cannot download the resource.

1 Like

Just fixed it, I forgot to set the download repository to public!

1 Like

Is this liek the one you did before?

Also, its gotta be laggy right?

1 Like

It’s by far different than the predecessor. TeaR Engine uses many different methods, whilst qVoxels used welding.

Interesting. How would it work though? What algorithm are you gonna use? I’m curious lol

That’ll be explained in the documentation site.
It should be up on the I don’t even know yet

But for now, I’ll explain!

Basically what happens is that through a tool, (e.g: Hammer) the player sends a message to a server script through a remote event with the mouse’s target and position. This causes the server script to react to the event by getting the Module script through

local TeaR = require(Module Path)

the server script will then use the destroy function and input the following

TeaR:Destroy(object,position,size)

• object being the object to effect
• position being where to hit
• size being how big the damage should be

It will then create a new part and use a module called AASubtract to make a hole (and for falling physics)

Next, it uses one of my modules called qAIWeld, this basically uses many hitboxes to determine what parts should be welded to another part.

Finally, it creates another part, and sets the position to where the player’s mouse is pointing

(e.g)

local mouse = game.Players.Localplayer:Get mouse()
mouse.hit.position

This part is set to have the exact same properties other than size and position as the object being effected by the damage.

This then once again, uses one of my modules.
This module is called qVoxelize.
This basically fills a given part with voxels based on the size given.
Each voxel is given a random velocity from -20,20.
This gives the effect of debris coming off of where an object was damaged!

Hope that helped!

1 Like

But what if I wanted to make an unbreakable parts. Like I wanted to make ground unbreakable for example. Are there any ways to accomplish this?

1 Like

Yes there is, it’s in fact built in! In the part You want unbreakable, add a Boolean Attribute named border then, set it to true.

How would you install it, sorry if there is instructions somewhere but im a bit confused on how to install it.

1 Like
  1. Download the file
  2. Open a game in studio
  3. Open your file browser
  4. Go to where you downloaded the engine
  5. Drag the .rbxm file into studio

wow dude great instructions.

7 Likes

HAHAHA that is hilarious. This is by far the greatest thing I’ve seen tonight.

4 Likes

performance is pretty bad for me

1 Like

Ok that’s cool, Imma try some few test with this epic physics engine module like stress test and getting its average process milisecond. If its good then yea good :+1:

Not what I expected, the performance is horrible no offense. The reason is “VoxelBrokenOffPart” its too many of them you could just limit their spawn rate and remove their “VoxelSounds” script. I hope it helps

Edit: It also yields my entire code after using :Destroy function

I’m working on optimization. It’s planned for 0.3.0

Or maybe 0.2.5

Are the broken voxels when you destroy a BasePart Union or MeshParts if it is Union export it to a .obj mesh and than you just improved your performance a whole lot really easily there.

Many of us would hesitate to download anything from a website outside Roblox, would it be possible to put this into the roblox library?

Why is there no instructions? There isn’t even a documentation yet. How are we supossed to know how it works and what you can do with it?

2 Likes