Terrain :CopyRegion and :PasteRegion help

I am working on a game; in this game each team (3) will have a base made out of terrain, along with the main map which will be made of terrain which they can dig into etc.

When the game starts, I am attempting to save each terrain area separately. This way, when a round is over, I can simply call on the Module and regenerate the main map, and I can also regenerate the bases during the game.

The terrain clears, however, when the paste is running it doesn’t add any terrain. Am I doing something wrong?

local mapRegion = Region3int16.new(Vector3int16.new(1512, -249, -1513), Vector3int16.new(-1515, 157, 1511))
local mapTerrain = workspace.Terrain:CopyRegion(mapRegion) --min,max

function Functions:LoadMapTerrain()

--workspace.Terrain:PasteRegion(terrainRegion, corner, pasteEmptyRegion)
	workspace.Terrain:Clear()
	task.wait(5)
	workspace.Terrain:PasteRegion(mapTerrain,mapRegion.Min,false)

end```

![image|341x401](upload://yPaahmyVKDkQLG1LjhN2JxM5hKg.png)

These are the positions I copied outside of the map, so it should be working correctly but it isn't

If you clear terrain I think it also clears the copy you made. Save the voxels manually.

It doesn’t. In the code roblox uses as an example they copy all of the terrain, then clear it and place it.

Well, what about adding the voxels manually?

I have no idea what that means. The map consists of many materials so I don’t think that is an option.

Really? I thought ReadVoxels gave materials too.

That looks way more complicated, I’d rather try to fix this.

Okay. I really don’t know what the problem is but does pasting it before it is cleared work?

No, I removed the clear part and it still didn’t seem to work.

My thought is either it is copying the current terrain, which is either nothing or not the original, or the copy region positions are done wrong and it’s copying nothing, so it’s pasting nothing. But I think I did everything right so I’m confused.

These are the positions I copied outside of the map, so it should be working correctly?

Try waiting a second before copying it, terrain might still be loading when copying.

bumping this up someone please help!